STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Electrical Engineers in Naples, Florida.
This position researches, develops, designs and directs fabrication and testing of electrical and electro-mechanical products utilizing principles and techniques of electrical engineering. Conducts feasibility studies and testing on new and modified designs. Direct support personnel in the preparation of detailed design, design testing, and prototype fabrication. Direct activities to ensure manufacturing, construction, installation and operational testing conform to functional specification, regulatory safety standards and user requirements. It is expected this person shall apply slip ring technology, and their understanding of the essential functions listed below to develop quick solutions to customers’ needs and requirements. Exceptional application of technical principles, analytical, communication, and organizational skills.
- Evaluate, develop, and document new circuit and/or design products, or determine how existing products can be modified to suit customers’ needs
- Prepare engineering analysis for projects including, preliminary designs, calculation, and reviews of initial production runs of components and assemblies
- Analyze data to determine feasibility of product proposals
- Analyze equipment specification and performance requirements to determine which designs can be produced using existing manufacturing process and methods
- Assist in development of predictive component and product performance
- Design electrical circuits including, but not limited to PWBs, PCBs, testing fixtures and flexible circuitries
- Provide innovative ideas for improvements to existing products
- Provide technical expertise to support manufacturing, sales, and customers
- Complete all required trainings including but not limited to S.H.E (Safety, Health, and Environmental), Ethics, Anti-Slavery and Human Trafficking, Quality and all performance/product related trainings
- Adhere to ISO procedures and ISO compliance
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- Engineering background with advanced knowledge of mechanical and electrical principles including testing (Slip Rings/Twist Capsules are preferred but not required)
- Above average to expert knowledge of electrical engineering principles and processes
- Above average ability to use a variety of T&M equipment
- Must possess electrical troubleshooting and basic mechanical skills
- Ability to understand the abstract principles required to manufacture electro-mechanical devices
- Exceptional analytical, communication and organization skills
- Ability to create engineering documents, wiring schematics, compliance matrices, and Bill of Materials (GD&T, revision control, engineering changes)
- Experience with Commercial, Industrial, Aerospace, Medical, Military, Nuclear, and/or Space requirements and standards (Military is preferred but not required)
- Understanding of power, analog and digital signals, serial communication protocols (RS-232, RS-422, RS-485, Ethernet), EMI, shielding and grounding principles
- Experience in rotary systems including electrical, coaxial, high frequency RF, fiber optics, fluid, encoders, potentiometers, and switches
- Understanding of wire, cables, PCB, flex tapes, and connectors with integration into electrical/mechanical systems
- ERP system experience to extract part information, costs, and BOM’s
- High degree of proficiency in computer office programs (Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook, IE, and One Note)
- Understanding of ISO, AS 9100, and quality clauses
- Understanding of ITAR and EAR regulations (preferred but not required)
STS Technical Services offers direct deposits / electric payroll, an awesome medical insurance program, cash advances, and the opportunity to refer a friend for compensation.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the STS Aviation Group family, we encourage you to apply on this page. Have questions? Give us a call at 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.