Electrical Shipboard Technicians
Electrical Shipboard TechniciansSTS
Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring an Electrical Shipboard Technician in Norfolk, Virginia to support the Navy`s Atlantic Fleet Aircraft Carriers (CVN`s) during maintenance availabilities, provide training to sailors onboard CVNs, and formal classroom training on supported equipment.
The position full-time direct hire position will be located Onboard US Navy COMNAVAIRLANT assigned Aircraft Carriers at Norfolk Naval Station, Norfolk Naval Shipyard (NNSY) Controlled Industrial Area (CIA) and Newport News Ship Building (NNSB) shipyard.
- Installation, alteration, repair, troubleshooting, maintenance, testing, and operation of electrical equipment or systems, such as distribution panels, console wiring, instrumentation wiring, control switches/wiring, power supplies, and lighting.
- Assist with test and evaluation, checkout, certification tasks.
- Perform validations and verification of various electronic systems.
- Support systems engineering activities with subject matter expertise.
- Direct on-site customer interface.
- Position may involve routine lifting up to 50 pounds, regular handling, grasping, kneeling and carrying, and constant use of vision and mental alertness is required.
- Vocational/technical training beyond high school.
- Eight (8) years experience in the operation, repair, and maintenance of naval or marine electrical motors, mechanical, electrical or electronic systems is highly desired, including: Desired- Two (2) years experience in the position of team leader or supervisor of subordinate work groups.
- An Associates Degree in an appropriate discipline from an accredited college or university may be substituted for up to two (2) years of technician experience.
- Ability to obtain a Confidential Security Clearance
- Ability to obtain a Common Access Card
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.