Electro Mechanical Assemblers
Electro Mechanical AssemblersSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Electro Mechanical Assemblers in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
Ideal candidates will be flexible and able to alternate between jobs as workloads dictate. The assembler may work alone or in a team and is responsible for achieving allocated times for the tasks they are performing with good quality. The successful candidate will also be able to read and interpret blueprints, wiring diagrams, and work in low volume, high mix manufacturing with build-to-print projects.
In order to maintain this position, all candidates must successfully complete the required basic training program for assembly in first 75 days which includes obtaining certifications required to perform the assembly, followed by successfully completing hands-on training. This direct hire position operates under a collective bargaining agreement and pays $19.23/hr, plus benefits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assembly and/or wiring of motor controllers, including building to print of production sub-assemblies, using blueprints, specialized hand tools, and following stringent quality specifications
- Read, understand and work to product documentation (blueprints)
- Correctly generate detailed assembly records documenting actions taken
- Interface with quality representatives, manufacturing engineers, and/or customer representatives to ensure the highest possible quality on product manufactured in the time allotted and/or required
- With guidance and oversight (from higher level Assembler) assemble, wire, and/or case pre-production products
- Visually inspect work previously performed by others
- Perform necessary changes, modifications, and/or repairs as directed
- Maintain good housekeeping and safe work environment
- Access and use of electronic data mechanisms such as digital paper and electronic mail
- Perform other duties and assist in projects, as directed by supervision
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 1-2 years’ experience in assembly of mechanical and electronic components, including point-to-point wiring.
- Electrical and Mechanical aptitude
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and wiring diagrams and use as an assembly guide
- Demonstrated 10th grade reading and math ability; able to document accurately and clearly.
- Ability to work independently and also contribute as a team member
- Basic knowledge of, and ability to use, hand tools for assembly, and perform actions such as crimping, lugging, and point-to-point wiring
- Attention to detail and able to follow written and oral instructions
Desirable Qualifications, Skills and Knowledge:
- 2+ years comparable manual assembly experience is strongly preferred
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds frequently
- Ability to stand for up to 9 hours a day
- Walking, lifting, bending, stooping and kneeling
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.