Embedded Software Engineers
Embedded Software EngineersSTS
About The Company:
Join SEAKR Engineering, a leading-edge provider of advanced electronics for space applications. Pushing the boundaries of technology on a mission to change the world for the better from space.
Seeking an Embedded Software Engineer who will perform the full life cycle (requirements, design, code, and test) for real-time embedded software development with specific emphasis on boot code, kernels, board support package (BSP) software and driver code.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- This engineer will work on BSP development using the VxWorks 6.x/7.0 and Linux development suites targeting a variety of processors (PPC family, Leon (SPARC) family, ARM, and multicore processors) on commercial and custom built single board computers (SBCs).
- This role will coordinate and implement department and company level infrastructure to accommodate efficient development, propagation, and maintenance of product line core and program specific capabilities and functionalities.
- The job will include hands on development and verification of boot, kernel, and BSP code, and working in a laboratory environment to perform initial bring up of SBCs and verification of code functionality.
- After initial implementation/board bring up, the engineer will provide support to internal as well as external embedded software application development teams.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
- Must have experience using VxWorks or Linux development suites
- Target environment includes PPC, ARM, multicore, and LEON (Sparc) processor families in VME, PCI, and custom backplane environments.
Since this is a direct hire job, SEAKR provide a full benefits package to you. If you would like to learn more about that package, please call 1-800-359-4787 ext. 8576.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.