Embedded Software Engineers (Flight Control)
Embedded Software Engineers (Flight Control)STS
Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Embedded Software Engineers in Fort Worth, Texas.
Seeking an experienced self-motivated Embedded Controls Software Engineer. The embedded controls software role will integrate with technology and vehicle platform development teams with focus on the propulsion systems. The emerging concept vehicles provide opportunities for flight controls software engineering, simulation and test of configurations and technologies that will shape the future of aviation. This position will be part of a diverse team of engineers capable of executing in a challenging and fast-paced environment.
- Develop embedded DO-178 software for Flight Control System (FCS) with complex hardware.
- Perform formal software development through design for requirements and requirements verification with C/C++ code and MathWorks MATLAB & SIMULINK toolsets
- Develop and update requirements and verification traceability
- Conduct software integration and testing on target hardware
- Develop, implement, document, and review Low-Level Test (LLT) and High-Level Test (HLT) software cases and expected results
- Perform LLT and HLT execution on desktop environment and target electronic hardware integrated with real sensors and actuators in a lab environment
- Development and implementation of safety critical primary control software in both bare metal main executives and real time operating systems environments.
- Design and implementation of real time embedded control functionality including in-line monitoring, redundancy management and start/periodic built-in test [S/PBIT].
- Design and test of Flight Control Systems (FCS) with embedded DO-178 software and DO-254 complex hardware, including Fly-By-Wire Flight Control Systems
- System and software design, requirements management, systems specifications, interface management, system safety assessment, verification and validation testing in desktop simulation environment and systems integration labs, aircraft flight test, and aircraft/system qualification and certification
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science Engineering required. Other technical degrees may be considered with relevant work experience.
- Experience at all levels will be considered with a minimum of 5 years specific experience with embedded control software development.
- Preference will be given for additional work in sensor and actuator controls, avionics, or electrical systems integration, development, and testing.
- Familiarity with relevant standards, for example: RTCA DO-160, MIL-STD-810, RTCA DO-178, RTCA DO-254, SAE ARP4754A, SAE ARP4761, 14 CFR Part 27 and Part 29 for commercial and military qualification and certification of aircraft systems.
- Software version control
- Programming in C/C++
- Embedded environments
- HW initialization and synchronization
- MathWorks MATLAB/Simulink Embedded coder considered a plus
- Communication Standards
- ARINC 429 <br> RS232/422/485
- Familiarity with model-based systems engineering
- Experience with creation of system specifications, requirements traceability, and verification <br> Development and implementation of safety critical primary control software in both bare metal main executives and real time operating systems environments. <br> Design and implementation of real time embedded control functionality including in-line monitoring, redundancy management and start/periodic built-in test [S/PBIT].
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.