Embedded Software Engineers
Embedded Software EngineersSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Embedded Software Engineers in Melbourne, Florida!
Contract Duration: 4-6 months with the possibility of conversion
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Analyzing and communicating software/firmware requirements
- Creating architectures and designs
- Unit test, integration and system testing
- Generating code releases that are correct the first time, exhibiting high reliability
- Performance analysis
- Early customer support and sustaining activities
- As part of a team, you will participate in technical discussions evaluating and executing design and development plans for a very interesting and a technically challenging project.
- Have direct influence on the decisions and outcomes related to project direction.
- Work on additional tasks and responsibilities that will contribute towards team, department, and company goals.
- BS or MS in Computer Science / Electrical Engineering or related field.
- 7 years or more SW development experience with embedded applications.
- Able to develop HW and peripheral device drivers for subsystems attached via RS-232, SPI, I2C, USB etc.
- Able to develop operational modules that make use the peripheral devices for specific functions.
- Strong “C” programming experience.
- Experience with ADA (can help qualify for a full time conversion).
- Experience with embedded systems utilizing a multithreaded RTOS Operating system such as “Free RTOS”
Highly Desired Qualifications:
- Experience with VX Works 6.9/7.0 (can help qualify for a full time conversion)
- Experience with embedded processors containing FPGA interfaces such Xilinx Zynq, Altera SOCs or similar.
- Good documentation skills, an ability and willingness to follow development processes including code reviews, and the generation of SW development artifacts required by our contracts.
- Excellent unit test and debugging skills and experience using your code skills and knowledge to assist with debugging new hardware.
- Ability to effectively prioritize work and deliver results with minimal guidance.
If you’d like to speak to a Recruitment Professional about this position, please call 1-800-359-4787. Our team is more than happy to go over the specifics; things like benefits, pay rate, vacation time and more.