Embedded Software Engineers
Embedded Software EngineersSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Embedded Software Engineers in Melbourne, Florida!
Contract Duration: 3-6 months with the possibility of conversion
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support embedded software/firmware activities for product development
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to a highly technical project independently along with mentoring and coaching other engineers.
- Review customer specifications and requirements and develop designs to best support them, including cost as a key design factor.
- Conduct peer reviews of software designs and code, unit tests and bug fixes.
- Document component and subsystem specifications and material requirements.
- Communicate Clearly (written and oral) with program management and the customer as required
- May participate in preparation of complex and significant proposals.
- Provides technical expertise and assistance to other engineers and support personnel.
- Interact with technical management, other professionals, technicians and support personnel to coordinate, recommend and confer regarding technical activities and progress.
- May mentor and coach the work of others as assigned
- May participate in preparation of less complex proposals
- BS or MS in Computer Science / Electrical Engineering or related field.
- 8+ years of embedded software development at a BSP, processor, and microcontroller level with experience in C and C++.
- Expert knowledge of VxWorks 7.0 BSP and Device Drivers is required.
- Knowledge of optimal designs using VxWorks, VxWorks Workbench, Real-Time OS is desired.
- Bootloader “Root of Trust” experience, Intel Arria 10 and NXP LS1046A BSPs / Drivers.
- In-depth understanding of embedded software development and debugging.
- Experience with Shell, Bash and scripting languages such as Python welcomed.
- Experience working with embedded development kits and board bringup, evaluation boards, Signal Generators, Logic Analyzers and other tools
- Device Driver Development
- Experience with Lab integration of sensor systems
- Software Security Hardening, Trusted Computing / TPM, Secure Boot. STIG analysis
- Familiarity with GIT, JIRA, Subversion (or other CM tools)
- Ethernet Networking, routing, iptables / netfiiter, routers.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and experience with the Microsoft Office tools.
- Must be a motivated, self-starter with the ability to work in a team environment and solve complex problems.
- SECRET security clearance is an advantage but not required.
If you’d like to speak to a Recruitment Professional about this position, please call 1-800-359-4787. Our team is more than happy to go over the specifics; things like benefits, pay rate, vacation time and more.