Embedded Software Engineers (MFC #2765)
Embedded Software Engineers (MFC #2765)STS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Embedded Software Engineers in Orlando, Florida.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain real-time embedded software applications.
- Typical applications are software products related to image processing, target detection and tracking, missile guidance/ navigation/ control algorithms, missile launchers, system control, built-in test, and system communication.
- Development will be in C and C++ hosted on either a PC or Unix environment and targeted for an embedded processor running either VxWorks, Integrity or Linux as the real-time operating system.
- Experience with embedded real-time development in C and C++ Experience in software coding, unit test, integration, and verification RTOS experience with VxWorks, Integrity, or Linux Experience with Hardware-Software integration Excellent communication skills.
- US DOD Secret Clearance Required
- Familiarity with standard communication busses and protocols including RS-232, RS-422, MIL-STD-1553 and Ethernet is helpful but not required.
- The candidate will have experience with code implementation and integration and test.
- The candidate will be familiar with using source code control and issue tracking tools along with using modern test tools to do unit test and static analysis.
- An ideal candidate will be able to configure and manage a continuous test environment.
- Bonus skills would be familiarity with Agile development, Cyber Security, Department of Defense products, board support package and device driver development.
- 4-5 years C++ and/or C# mandatory
- 4-5 years code and unit testing mandatory
- 4-5 years working in Linux or VX works
Desired Education & Experience:
- BS in computer Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering or a relatable field
- 4-5 years experience with Software CM tools
- Experience generating and maintaining program software documentation such as SRS, ICD, Test Plans, Test Procedures
- Experience with software configuration management tools such as Razor, Accurev, Git, JIRA, SVN Familiarity with Visual Studio (i.e., Visual C++)
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.