Emissions Program Managers
Emissions Program ManagersSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Emissions Program Managers in Hagerstown, Maryland.
Emissions Program Manager will lead emissions certification and compliance activities for the NGDV product line including the full range of internal combustion and battery electric vehicles. This role is responsible for emissions certification, in-use test management, warranty reporting, and on-going emission re-certification according to US EPA and California ARB standards.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute goals and strategic direction of assigned program. Pursue, capture and manage program requirements through entire lifecycle.
- Interact and coordinate with US EPA and California ARB staff on issues pertaining to requirements, changes, interpretations, and financial conditions of the contract.
- Responsible for program growth by ensuring continuous improvement of OBD systems.
- Accountable for all schedules, data quality, and field failure reporting for the program.
- Develop and implement corrective action plans when deviations from budgets and/or schedules are evident.
- Assign and manage internal, external, multi-divisional, direct, and matrixed resources to ensure all program objectives and goals are met.
- Develop, prepare and present briefings to both executive management and the customer related to program status, direction, and performance.
- Formally identify, assess, monitor, and mitigate risk throughout program life cycle.
- Provide leadership to cross functional team.
- Assure communication and cooperation among team members and resolve areas of conflict.
- Ability to identify, influence/shape future requirements and compliance strategies.
- Actively identify changes in regulatory requirements and industry trends relevant to the program.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Policy, Engineering, or related field
- 10+ years’ experience in emission development and/or certification
- Ability to travel 25%
- Previous working experience with regulators in the transportation sector
- Independent judgment and decision-making ability
- Master’s Degree in Environmental Policy, Engineering, or related field
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Project
- Strong verbal presentation and written communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to influence others
- Possess broad technical, administrative and management skills to oversee product line development, production, operational support and system upgrades
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 262-439-7507.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.