Engine Test Cell A&P Mechanics
Engine Test Cell A&P MechanicsSTS Technincal Services
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Engine Test Cell A&P Mechanics in Augusta, Georgia.
Build your career with integrity by working at a company that doesn’t just treat you like a number. You’ll get the tools to do things right in a clean and safe work environment and the trust to fix any issue that comes your way. Our on-the-job training and team of experts mean you’ll be set up for success.
Take charge of our day-to-day operations, so we remain the trusted source for aviation repair and maintenance. Work with your team to implement the right processes and practices across our organization to help ensure flight and product efficiency.
As a Test Cell Mechanic, you’ll repair and overhaul gas turbine engines.
- Prepping engines for test, testing and de-prepping engines
- Trains to become a certified test cell operator. Responsibilities include performing certification testing IAW O/H manual, troubleshooting engine failures, replacing failed components, and completion of test documentation.
- Working as a motivated member of a specialized team to operate the test cell and the engine under test in accordance with the test instructions or tech orders.
- Willingness to learn new tasks and cross train on multiple engine lines and other complementary skills and seeks endorsements for those skills as needed to support production requirements
- Participates in the cross training of other technicians as needed to support production requirements.
- Responsible for observing all applicable safety requirements and reporting immediately any unsafe practices/conditions.
- Working within quality, environmental and health and safety management systems to deliver a high quality product in a safe and environmentally responsible manner.
- Complete daily maintenance inspections of equipment and facility to ensure operational readiness prior to use
- Working with specialized mechanical, electrical and instrumentation systems to test gas turbine engines.
- Troubleshoots, adjusts or replace components on engines and accessories during testing process. Liaisons with engineers, mechanics and inspectors on test performance.
- Performing and supporting troubleshooting, preventative and corrective maintenance of mechanical systems.
- Participates in continuous improvement of cell processes.
- Moves between production assignments that utilize multiple skills endorsements as needed to support production requirements.
- Self-Motivated Team members must have a positive attitude toward a changing work environment and are committed to achieving the success and goals of their team
- Experience with Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul of Gas Turbine Engines.
- Good planning, organizational, analytical, interpersonal, decision making, oral and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of production management computer systems and other related internal control systems.
- Familiarity with gas turbine engines
- Knowledgeable in the functional operation of the engines tested.
- Attainment of a Special Process stamp for Test Technician designation.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds (unassisted) for approximately 25% of the average work day.
- Regularly required to sit and stand for prolonged periods.
- Working knowledge of related company instructions and company processes.
- Product knowledge relative to the business unit.
- Experience in a mechanical environment.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.