Engineer II – Embedded Avionics Software Engineering
Engineer II – Embedded Avionics Software EngineeringSTS
STS Technical Services
About The Company:
SEAKR Engineering is a Colorado company and aerospace innovator. They build, design and manufacture advanced electronics for space applications including solar system exploration, space-based U.S. defense support and commercial satellite communications. SEAKR offers a casual work culture in a fast-paced engineering environment. This provides our engineers with the opportunity to contribute real solutions to real-world engineering challenges. If you’re ready to join one of the most talented engineering organizations in the aerospace industry, SEAKR is the place for you.
Seeking an Embedded Avionics Software Engineer who will perform the full life cycle (requirements, design, code, and test) real-time embedded software development with specific emphasis on boot code, kernels, board support package (BSP) software and driver code.
- BSP development using VxWorks Workbench development suite targeting a variety of processor families (PPC family, Leon (SPARC), and multi core processors) on commercial and custom built single board computers (SBCs)
- The engineer will coordinate and implement department and company level infrastructure to accommodate efficient development, propagation, and maintenance of product line core and program specific capabilities and functionalities
- The job will include hands on development and verification of boot, kernel, and BSP code, and the working in a laboratory environment to perform initial bring up of SBCs and verification of code functionality
- After initial implementation/board bring up, the candidate will provide support to internal as well as external embedded software application development teams
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering and at least 3 years of experience using VxWorks development suites, including Workbench tools for VxWorks JTAG ICE
- Target environment includes PPC and LEON (Sparc) processor families in VME, PCI, and custom backplane environments
- Linux Support Package (LSP) experience is a significant plus
- U.S. Citizenship required
Since this is a direct hire job, our client will provide a full benefits package to you. If you would like to learn more about that package, please call 1-720-446-2688.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.