Engineering Managers (Emissions Compliance)
Engineering Managers (Emissions Compliance)STS Technincal Services
STS Technical Services
In this direct hire role, you will be responsible for providing technical leadership and strong program management in the area of internal combustion engine emissions compliance.
This role interfaces with cross-functional teams across the organization consisting of engineering, operations (industrial engineering, production, and material procurement), sourcing, quality, service, legal, and marketing.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Be a Subject Matter Expert within the company and support the leadership team with respect to emissions-related issues and regulatory compliance, with a deep understanding of North American government emission regulations and preferably additional global experience (e.g., Europe/Japan/China).
- Establish the vision and strategy to drive world class excellence within engineering and regulatory compliance team.
- Establish and lead processes, and drive results that are specifically targeted to emissions-related issues and regulatory compliance.
- Support and assist teams in addressing difficult and complex technical and compliance challenges by stimulating cooperation and joint effort and providing prompt and accurate responses to emissions-specific queries from stakeholders.
- Collaborate closely with the Engine and Product Engineering teams to provide emissions targets/regulatory requirements and support for new products and components.
- Provide support for after-sale emissions compliance for other engines for both air-cooled and liquid-cooled product. This includes certified and flex diesel engines as well as outside sourced air-cooled engines primarily from Chinese suppliers.
- Collaborate with internal manufacturing partners, contract manufacturers, designers, and product specialists to ensure emissions requirements are met.
- Keep abreast and informed on impending regulations/changes on a global scale.
- Serve as an expert resource within the organization to guide and mentor compliance staff.
- Support and represent the organization as an industry leader in areas of personal and team specializations.
- Ensure proper emissions certification and compliance is achieved and maintained for our designed, developed, and manufactured engines (liquid and air-cooled).
- Maintain emissions certification database.
- Be responsible for preparation and submittal of emissions certification data to the applicable government agencies.
- Ensure that new calendar year certifications are received on time from engine suppliers and are performed on time.
- Specify precise new product and technology functional requirements relative to emissions compliance.
- Ensure that Production Line Tests (PLTs) are performed in compliance with applicable regulations and within regulatory-mandated schedule.
- Oversee submittal of work orders for PLTs, review data, investigate, and resolve any failures or anomalies.
- Develop new techniques, practices and processes utilizing new and existing technologies to enhance organizational performance.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent
- 10 years of engineering experience, preferably in emissions and/or regulatory compliance
- 5 years of management experience
- Master’s Degree in Mechanical and Electrical Engineering
- Broad experience with a variety of emissions regulations in global markets
- In-depth experience in internal combustion engine emission reporting to government agencies
- Experience sitting on a regulatory committee in a technical role
- Solid understanding of engineering technical issues/needs, financial, sales, and marketing as related to product design and development
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Ability to translate technical information to all audiences
- Ability to apply engineering knowledge and experience to improve products, services, and processes
- Ability to perform detail-orientated work with a high degree of accuracy on multiple, complex projects
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results while working on multiple global projects simultaneously, balancing resources, timing, and quality of outcomes
- Demonstrated team building and leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-driven, highly motivated, flexible, and high capacity to learn
- Well-developed technical skills
- MS Proficiency
- Previous experience using SAP or equivalent ERP
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.