Engineering Support Technicians
Engineering Support TechniciansSTS
STS Aviation Services
STS Aviation Services is hiring Engineering Support Technicians in Preston Brook, United Kingdom.
We have an opportunity for an Engineering Support Technician to join our engineering team focussed in delivering aircraft and engine related services to its growing customer base. This position is a full time, permanent position located in Preston Brook. Reporting to the Engineering Support Managers, this role would suit a candidate with prior aircraft / engine mechanic experience.
Prime accountability is to ensure services are managed and fully meet customers’ expectations. Development of work schedules, day-to-day operations and plans, their control, monitoring and management of Engineers to a successful service conclusion.
Duties include assisting base and line maintenance activities and commercial departments to initially establish capability and resources as required. This is a challenging and rewarding role for the right candidate, working in a close-knit professional and aspirational team.
All Services delivered by STS Aviation Services throughout their designated line and base maintenance stations, and field (remote) locations, are taken with the objective to achieve the highest possible standard of technical reliability and on-time performance for its customers.
- Project planning, control estimation and Engineers management.
- Manage all aspects of a customer project, including manpower, logistics, equipment and tooling, dealing with supplier’s, project expenses, ensuring projects are SMART.
- Planning and control of projects in accordance and compliant to maintenance technical data and airworthiness regulatory requirements.
- Assist with the evaluation and setting up of resources for the development of new customer bases and line stations.
- Assist with the set-up of line station activities to maintain Customer KPI’s.
- Problem solving across the maintenance operation.
- Maintain effective customer relations through effective communication.
- Maintain effective and influential internal communications with maintenance personnel, engineering, commercial and finance accounts.
- Assist with rostering of line station staff.
- Recruiting and sourcing suitably qualified staff.
- Represent and uphold the company’s professional profile.
- Experience in a planning and maintenance control desirable or have maintained civil aircraft types practical experience.
- Working knowledge of OEM’s aircraft/component maintenance planning document (MPD) and operators aircraft maintenance schedule or program (AMS, AMP).
- Apprenticeship aerospace background.
- A ‘can do’ attitude and be a problem solver.
- Good Knowledge of aircraft AMM and maintenance manual procedures.
- Good working knowledge of IT and MS Office applications.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Flexible with the ability to work well under pressure.
- Willingness to work outside normal working hours will be necessary.
- Travel overseas and UK locations at short notice.
- Proactive, self-motivated, sound judgement and decision making with attention to detail.
- Good time management skills.
- Eligible to live and work in the United Kingdom (UK).
In return you can expect a competitive salary, company pension scheme, 4x death in service, free parking and a subsidised canteen.
For more information on the role or to register your interest, please submit your CV to our recruitment team firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also visit our website www.stsaviationservices.com to learn more about our team, its products and services.
Hiring Note: Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.