Engineering Technicians (EW Signals)
Engineering Technicians (EW Signals)STS
Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Engineering Technicians (EW Signals) in Patuxent River, Maryland.
- Engineering technicians perform one or more of the following functions:
- Applies engineering techniques, principles and precedents to develop, design, modify, install, test, evaluate, or operate electrical, electronic, avionics, mechanical, communications, stores, armament/ordnance, or related data processing systems for military weapon systems, associated support equipment or facilities, automotive or small craft.
- Maintains, repairs, inspects, troubleshoots, or programs equipment and components.
- Reviews, analyzes, develops, prepares or applies engineering, technical or maintenance specifications, policies, standards, or procedures.
- Organizes, analyzes, and prepares reports or presentation of technical data and information.
- Plans and performs tests and evaluations on systems, equipment or components.
- Compiles, processes, reduces, and analyzes test data and results.
- Operate and maintain marine propulsion (diesel/gasoline) and electrical/hydraulic systems; in both inland and open ocean boat operations of boats up to 100 feet.
- Performs non-routine and complex assignments involving responsibility for planning and conducting a complete project of relatively limited scope or a portion of a larger and more diverse project.
- Selects and adapts plans, techniques, designs, or layouts.
- Contacts personnel in related activities to resolve problems and coordinate the work.
- Reviews analysis, and integrates the technical work of others.
- Provides supervision and training to other technicians.
- Setup, operate, calibrate, and troubleshoot/maintain fixed/mobile radar & communication simulators supporting flight test operations.
- Verify simulator output including measurement of RF, PD, PRI, intrapulse/interpulse modulation, scan.
- Assist in design, development, modification, and testing of state-of-the-art Electronic Warfare equipment.
- Manage site security, communications, and coordination processes and procedures as required.
- Maintain the latest CM software and documentation related to government fixed/mobile radar & communication simulator assets.
- Manage a repository of software/configuration files/documents for EW assets
- Report software/hardware discrepancies
- Formally document & update operating processes procedures for ASAM Branch equipment
Other Experience, Skills, Requirements, and Information:
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience in performing the stated or similar job functions.
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and written.
- General knowledge of Radar/RF communications theory of operation, software/hardware components down to the component level.
- Experienced with antennas, high-power transmitters, receivers and RF signal sources technology required.
- Experienced with laboratory test equipment, signal generators, spectrum analyzers, and oscilloscopes required.
- Familiar with Intelligence Community standard file formats a plus.
- Knowledge of Test Range Operations a plus.
- Willing to flex work schedule and accommodate overtime as necessary to support mission flight test operations.
- Willing to travel to support flight test operations and equipment upgrades and/or troubleshooting of government deployed fixed/mobile radar & communication simulators.
- Linux/Unix OS and Ethernet/GPIB networking experience a plus.
- Successful completion of advanced armed services technical school curriculum; or completion of at least 30 semester hours (45 quarter hours) of courses at an accredited college, university, or technical school in an engineering, scientific, or technical curriculum.
- Formal Technical ELINT Signals Analysis training a plus.
- Must be a US Citizen and be able to obtain and hold a Top Secret security clearance
Conditions will vary. Most work is performed in enclosed buildings, but some outside work may be required. Work will include sitting, standing, walking, lifting and reaching. Applicant should be capable of lifting 50-100 lbs. assisted by other employees.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a recruiting professional directly, please call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.