Environmental Control Systems DER
Environmental Control Systems DERSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring an Environmental Control Systems DER in Wichita, Kansas!
This candidate will eventually be working on the new avionics upgrade project on the Citation Jet IV and the XLS. This project will not be kicked off until middle to the end of November, so in the meantime, they will be working on other projects until this comes to fruition.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creation and development of component/system descriptions, requirements, and specifications
- Creation and support of Development Assurance and System Safety process documentation
- Collaborates across the Engineering organization and outside of the organization to support component/system design and certification activity, including…
- Creation of supporting analyses, both mechanical and thermal
- Creation of appropriate test plans and procedures
- Coordination and oversight of required testing
- Coordination of test results and report
- Make compliance findings within appropriate delegated area
- Coordinate across areas including Flight Test, Project Design, Quality, and Supply Chain in order to meet objectives. • Support of issue resolution and squawk closure on both flying and ground tests
Required UM Chart:
- Approve Technical data and find compliance to airworthiness standards
- Approve airworthiness limitations information
- Establish Conformity Inspection Requirements
- Perform Compliance Inspection per the following charts for Environmental Control Systems
- Part 23 and Part 25 Full Authority – A1, A2, A4, A7, E1, E2, E4, E7, J1, J2, J4, J7, K1, K2, K4, K7 per FAA Order 8110-37 Chart C1 (Systems & Equipment Mechanical)
Education / Experience:
- B.S. or advanced degree in Aeronautical, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering, Physics, Math, Statistics or related technical degree required
- Minimum 7 years of experience in General Aviation or Business Aircraft development programs
- ECS DER qualifications (FAR 23 or 25)
- Experience with domestic and foreign business and/or general aviation aircraft certification process is required
- Some experience in system assessment using modeling tools such as Failure Modes and Effect Analysis (FMEA), (Failure Modes and Effect Criticality Analysis (FMECA), Reliability Block Diagram (RBD), and Fault Trees Analysis (FTA) is desired
- Experience with Microsoft Office software application and working environment is required
- The candidate must be able to work in a team environment and be able to clearly communicate thoughts and ideas with peers, management, and certification authorities
STS Technical Services offers direct deposits / electric payroll, an awesome medical insurance program, cash advances, and the opportunity to refer a friend for compensation.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the STS Aviation Group family, we encourage you to apply on this page. Have questions? Give us a call at 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.