STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Environmental Technicians in McConnellsburg, Pennsylvania.
- Responsible for the coordination of on-site waste movements, labeling, storage and shipments of industrial wastes and recyclable materials. Managing all wastes and recyclable materials meeting internal standards and procedures as well as all applicable Federal and State regulatory requirements. Load non-hazardous and hazardous waste with forklift for waste shipments.
- Responsible for new employee environmental training. Produce environmental highlights and facility updates for shift change briefs and updates. Gather and input paint logs on a monthly basis for processing. Gather facility water meter readings and report to environmental department.
- Responsible for monthly facility tank inspections. Responsible for environmental audits with facility supervisors, environmental teams or our parent coporation. Manage Safety Data Sheet (SDS) requests, to include input and update of SDSs online. Responsible for developing and tracking energy projects for the facility.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Commitment with site health, safety and environmental policies and notify supervisor for situations that present hazards.
- Ensure all wastes and recyclable materials are characterized, stored, labeled in accordance with applicable regulations.
- Coordinate disposal and transportation to approved facility.
- Waste/waste water/storm water characterization and sampling and coordination with off-site laboratory for analysis.
- Transports waste from areas to waste storage area.
- Performs waste area inspections and weekly environmental inspections
- Maintains waste disposal and recycling records and supports waste generation reporting requirements.
- Performs, delivers and updates daily inventory on quantities of waste sent to recycling and disposal (liquid and solid).
- Supports spill clean-up activities and subsequent incident reporting and investigations for all areas.
- Maintains inventory of spill response equipment, waste containers and sampling supplies.
- Meets and maintains RCRA and DOT Training requirements where applicable.
- Conduct new employee environmental training on a weekly basis.
- Produce facility environmental highlights and updates for shift change meetings.
- Input monthly paint logs for facility.
- Conduct monthly facility tank inspections
- Management of SDSs online for facility and customer requests
- Gather facility water meter readings and report to environmental department on a monthly/quarterly basis.
- Develop and track energy projects and energy reduction for the facility.
- Supports Environmental Team as needed.
- Ability to walk, bend, climb stairs & ladders and lift up to 40 lbs.
- Basic understanding of chemistry.
- Basic computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must pass RCRA and DOT Training.
- Possess valid driver’s license and ability to operate forklift.
- High School degree (with college courses preferred).
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 262-439-7507.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.