EV Staff Software Engineers (Onboard Charger Development)
EV Staff Software Engineers (Onboard Charger Development)STS
STS Technical Services
The EV Staff Software Engineer will be responsible for overall software engineering ownership of common software drivers, communication stacks, time and hardware based software interrupt scheduling, DMA, SPI comms, UART and Flash Emulated EEPROM. Also, the engineer will assist with functional safety aspects of ISO 26262 related to software base layers. This staff level systems engineer will demonstrate strong overall understanding of C code based software development and serial communications including CAN. Technical skills related to performance on-bench and on-vehicle testing is required.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design C code and model-based control (MBD) software for new platform Electric Vehicles, specific to low level drivers and all NXP processor functions
- Develop unit level requirements and initial test case for driver functions
- Work with application level SW engineers to draft and refine driver, memory and processor tasking requirements
- Develop tools and processes to optimize the processor interface with software
- Evaluate and incorporate software changes based on component and sub-system interfaces
- Verify system performance to H-D standards and work with test and verification entities to ensure system meets or exceeds targets
- Create and support SIL (Software in the loop) and HIL (Hardware in the loop) test cases for functional module testing
- Lead efforts for evaluation and implementation of ISO 26262 standards related to driver software, software tasking, and other deliverables. ISO may include Fault Tree Analysis (FTA), HARA, and Functional Safety Requirements writing (FSR)
- Knowledge Capture: Work with other system engineering groups, specifically powertrain, vehicle dynamics, and program management teams to ensure that vehicle interfaces are defined and supported. Support chassis systems related quality issues throughout current production and legacy vehicles
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics or related technical degree.
- Masters in related field is preferred.
- Formal Functional Safety training is a plus.
- Minimum 8 years of experience with processor driver development, 10 years preferred
- Basic understanding of all EV components: ?DC/DC converter, Motor Controller / Inverter, BMS and High Voltage bus management, Cell / Pack HV behavior
- Experience with DFMEA, PFMEA and related quality assurance processes
- Extreme proficiency in C code creating and editing is required
- Knowledge of end-to-end software process is required
- MATLAB, Simulink; Auto-code generation and rapid prototyping systems experience is a plus
- Minimum 1 year of experience with planning and conduction of vehicle and component tests as well as evaluation of test results and reporting, 3 years preferred
- Knowledge of ISO 26262 work process?and technical deliverables
- Knowledge of CAN communication bus standards and experience with on-road vehicle software is a plus
- Team oriented working style and good communication skills for interaction with internal customers
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 262-439-7507.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.