Aircraft Experimental Machinists
Aircraft Experimental MachinistsSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Aircraft Experimental Machinists in Wichita, Kansas.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs planning, lay out and set up procedures in machining of a variety of complex and difficult parts.
- Uses ingenuity and good judgement in developing jigs, fixtures and other tooling necessary to complete job assignments.
- Uses and cares for precision measuring instruments such as micrometers, height gages, dial indicators, calipers and scales.
- Capable of operating lathes, mills, profilers, drill press, saws and CNC machines without supervision.
- Operates a variety of power/hand tools and semiautomatic and/or standard deburr equipment to remove burrs, nicks, scratches, rough and sharp edges from sheet metal parts.
- Perform routine hand deburring operations such as sanding, polishing, grinding and finishing part in accordance with accepted shop standards.
- Selects proper machine pressure setting according to material specifications.
- Secures, mounts, and replaces abrasive pads as required.
- Exercises care and judgment while loading conveyor feed for proper size parts and machine capacity.
- Reads blueprints and lofts.
- Maintains a clean and safe environment.
- Grinds own tools, cutters, etc.
- Responsible only for own work.
- 1 year diversified machine shop and/or tooling experience required.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.