F-16 Avionics Technicians
F-16 Avionics TechniciansSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring F-16 Avionics Technicians in Jacksonville, Florida!
Essential Duties & Functions:
- Applies basic and some advanced technical knowledge to solve routine problems by interpreting manufacturers’ manuals or similar documents. Work requires familiarity with the interrelationships of circuits and judgment in planning work sequence, in selecting tools, testing instruments, and is reviewed for compliance with accepted practices. This technician works under immediate supervision and achieves technical guidance, as required from supervisor or higher-level technician.
- Able to use a variety of manual hand tools such as crimpers, strippers, wire cutters, heat shrink gun, specialized aircraft test equipment, etc. The mechanic will be required to access aircraft data via computer systems and initiate on-line parts and discrepancy requests.
- Able to read and interpret schematics, assembly drawings, process specifications, wiring diagrams, technical manuals, written instructions, etc.
- Ability to read, interpret, understand, and follow F-16 Technical Documents Including TCTO’s and Technical Orders (TO) with proficiency.
- Able to assemble, modify, and install wire bundles, conductors and other electrical components, to include radio frequency cabling and antenna systems, Must be able to install Avionic components.
- Able to effectively communicate, orally and written, with other employees, members of supervision, and others, as required in their duties.
- Able to clearly document maintenance and repair actions, equipment status tags, logs, parts requests, etc.
- Able to perform assigned duties while wearing required safety equipment.
- Able to perform assigned duties on all shifts without encumbrances due to weather or physical location and conditions.
- Order parts, pan stock, tools, materials, and equipment as required to perform assigned duties.
- Ability to follow and execute through Fault Isolation (FI) Guides while preforming Troubleshooting on Legacy and Program specific aircraft systems related to avionics, electrical, air data, flight controls, landing gear and brakes.
- Position requires 10+ years of experience on the F-16 Platform in those duties as previously described. Recent QF-16 or F-16 experience preferred.
- F-16 Technical school
- Minimum of 6 years served on Active Duty or the Air National Guard
- Must have working knowledge of shop mathematics and practices, electrical/electronic theories and avionics systems sufficient to perform assigned duties
- Work from information such as schematics, specifications, assembly drawings, and standard operating procedures
- Must have basic computer skills, including aircraft-related systems and basic office software packages
Occupation / Operation Requirements:
- This position requires an active (or ability to obtain) U.S. Security Clearance, for which the US Government requires US Citizenship. A minimum of an “Interim Clearance” must be obtained within 90 days of start date
- Perform moderately complex work where specific or general operation methods are available
- Judgment to make some intermediate level decisions, Responsible for the proper performance of assignments and the prudent handling of product, tools and equipment
- Will be required to work with the guidance of more senior skilled employees and assist less senior employees
- Perform all duties of lower Avionics classifications as required to successfully accomplish assignments
- May work in different areas or departments as deemed necessary by leads or management to meet program delivery requirements
STS Technical Services offers direct deposits / electric payroll, an awesome medical insurance program, cash advances, and the opportunity to refer a friend for compensation.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the STS Aviation Group family, we encourage you to apply on this page. Have questions? Give us a call at 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.