Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Fabricators in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
Under direction of the Fabrication Supervisor, the Fabrication team operates equipment to construct the components to produce quality products in an efficient and cost effective manner in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may expand to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Prepare layouts on structural steel.
- Fabricating equipment: shears, drill presses, ironworker, saws, and torches
- Make insulated oven panels, tack welds parts, cuts and inserts insulation, measures and selects appropriate panel sections.
- Assist with the unloading of trucks.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
- High School graduate GED. Technical Certification in related field preferred.
- Related work experience in a Fabrication environment, usually acquired through 3-4 years of exposure.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, blueprints, and procedure manuals.
- Proven ability to Setup and operate all of the following fabricating equipment: Punches, Notcher, CNC Plasma Cutters and Shear
- Mathematical skills that require the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to record and log information accurately.
- Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks in a very fast paced, sometimes stressful environment and possess strong decision-making skills.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.