Fabricators (Saw, Laser, Break / Drill Press)
Fabricators (Saw, Laser, Break / Drill Press)STS Technincal Services
Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Fabricators in New Berlin, Wisconsin.
- Join our growing team of Fabricators who strive to be the best in their field! The future is bright with exciting opportunities here at Wausau Equipment Company, located in New Berlin, WI. At Wausau, we offer you a CAREER, not just a job!
- On 2nd shift we offer a $2.00/hour differential and 4 – 10 HR Days!
- The Fabricator is responsible for fabricating metal products of sheet and structural steel material according to the work order, verbal instructions and drawings. Plans fabrication processes following specifications and using knowledge gained by experience. Completes first article inspections and ensures that fabricated parts, components and products meet Wausau standards.
- What makes this position exciting? You will set up and operate a variety of fabricating equipment, including: laser table, roller, brake press, saw and drill press.
- Set up and operate metal fabrication equipment such as the laser burning machine, roller, brake press, drill and saw to fabricate Wausau products.
- Moves material manually by hoist or forklift and secures material in fixtures and/or tables.
- Aligns and verifies positioning using measuring instruments to determine reference points and compute layout dimensions.
- Completes first article inspections and verifies completed work pieces for defects, such as chipped edges or marred surfaces to control scrap waste and sort defective pieces according to types of flaws.
- Verifies instruments set up to ensure accuracy.
- Use hand tools to grind, sand, clean, or polish objects or parts to correct defects or to prepare surfaces for further finishing.
- Creates layout and outlines sequence of operations, applying knowledge of stock allowances for thickness, trigonometry and physical properties of metal, necessary for the fabrication process.
- Inspect and adjust crane mechanisms or lifting accessories to prevent malfunctions or damage.
- Sets up and recalls programs using Bysoft, placing material, and positioning the cutting head for the operation of the laser table.
- Operates vehicles or mechanized equipment, such as forklifts and passenger vehicles.
- May be assigned additional responsibilities as necessary to support the manufacturing and fabrication operations.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities (KSA’s):
- Knowledge and of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, and their applications.
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Read and interpret blueprints and fabrication instructions to determine work requirements.
- Able to plan and organize work from bill of materials and production schedules.
- Able to work to, within, precise tolerances with attention to detail.
- Able to use hand and power tools.
- Able to perform measurements using tape measure, protractor, square, calipers and other measuring devices.
- Able to operate a manual crane hoist, forklift, and hand-truck.
- Effective communication skills to provide information to supervisors, leads, co-workers in written form or verbally.
- Able to wear personal protective equipment.
- Ability to service, repair, adjust, and test machines, devices, moving parts, and equipment that operate primarily on the basis of mechanical (not electronic) principles.
- Able to work overtime and/or including weekends as production schedules dictate.
- Dependable attendance and performance is an expectation of employment.
Education & Experience:
- Welding Technology certificate of similar technical college education preferred.
- 1-5 years of previous welding experience in a metal manufacturing production environment.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.