Facilities Cleaning Technicians
Facilities Cleaning TechniciansSTS Technincal Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Facilities Cleaning Technicians in Ridgeland, South Carolina.
Clean thoroughly using the work schedule provided all plant restrooms, office space, office restrooms, break room, and accounting office daily. Skills required should include basic knowledge of cleaning processes, cleaning chemicals, and tools required to provide a high level of cleanliness and sanitation. Daily required activity includes but not limited to:
- Cleaning of each space will be to a detailed specification
- Vacuuming all floors
- Mopping and/or scrubbing floors without carpets
- Dusting/wiping all desk and office furniture surfaces
- Bathrooms and cafeteria must be spotless top to bottom
- Walls to be wiped where necessary (bathrooms, cafeteria)
- All trash receptacles emptied and areas around them cleaned
A daily checklist must be maintained for each cleaning function performed in a specific area. A weekly order must be submitted to manager for cleaning supplies, paper supplies, and cleaning tools.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma preferred but not required. Experience in cleaning preferred but not required.
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- No computer knowledge is required but basic computer knowledge is preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Current valid driver’s license required. Complete and maintain all OSHA and Company safety certifications.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and roll over, stand, and walk; use hand to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms while twisting body. The employee must have the ability to make precisely coordinated movements of the fingers of one or both hands to grasps, manipulate, or assemble small objects. The employee must have the ability to quickly move one hand together with arm and keep the arm steady while moving arm, or while holding arm and hand in one position. The employee is required to talk and/or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, climb, or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Climbing steps up to 24 inches high is required. Standing for extended periods of time up to 3 or more hours is required. Employees frequently stand or lie in awkward positions. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. In addition, they may be required to work in a variety of awkward positions while bending, stooping, kneeling, or standing to perform work overhead. The employee must have good eyesight, hand-eye coordination, and manual dexterity.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to several hazards, including cleaning chemicals. They may work on a ladder or platform. In addition, they may be required to work in awkward positions while bending, stooping, kneeling, or standing to perform overhead work.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment of the position. The position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the team member occupying this position. Team members will be required to follow any other job related instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by their supervisors and/or management as required. TICO reserves the right to revise or change position description job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This position does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment for any term.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.