Family Assistance Program Managers
Family Assistance Program ManagersSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Family Assistance Program Managers in Purchase, New York.
Responsible for developing and maintaining the global emergency preparedness and response policies and procedures to care for the crew members, passengers and their families directly affected by an aircraft accident/incident, ensuring the airline meets and exceeds all assurances required by the Aviation Disaster Family Assistance Act of 1996. Partner with the Business Continuity Department and other cross company teams to test emergency response and business continuity plans addressing potential exposures posed by unforeseen events.
- Lead the development of policies and procedures to enhance the airline’s family assistance response to meet and exceed all assurances required by the Aviation Disaster Family Assistance Act of 1996.
- Maintain all mandated Family Assistance Plan documents with the Department of Transportation (DOT) in collaboration with the Legal Department.
- Maintain compliance with Family Assistance regulations and International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO), Civilian Reserve Aviation Fleet (CRAF) and Department of Defense (DoD) requirements.
- Responsible for developing, scheduling, communicating and facilitating Family Assistance response mock drills and tabletop exercises scenarios with Station staff globally in coordination with the Safety and Ground Operations Departments and our Family Assistance Vendor.
- Manage the day-to-day relationship with the Family Assistance Vendor ensuring use of all available contracted exercises, training and resources.
- Maintain awareness of current and proposed legislation relating to aircraft incident/accident response that may impact the company’s operational readiness. Escalate any findings to Director Family Assistance and additional departments as applicable.
- Coordinate with Emergency Response Center (ERC) run by the Safety Department and other operating departments on policies and procedures keeping the Emergency Response Checklist (ERC) up-to-date. Ensure the current Family Assistance Emergency Response Checklist is updated in Veoci for operational readiness.
- Collaborate with Ground Operations to engage local airport management in locations the company has station operations globally to understand and align on established airport specific emergency policies and procedures.
- Manage Family Assistance Care Team recruitment and training in partnership with the Director Family Assistance.
- Maintain up-to-date contact information for all Care Team Members and run Care Team activation drills multiple times per year to ensure operational readiness. Establish and test Care Team Member notifications through Veoci.
- May be expected to liaise with governmental agencies such as the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB), Department of State (DOS), Military Affairs Casualties Office and Red Cross during a live response.
- Liaison with family members and those directly affected by an aircraft incident/accident; assist Care Team Members as needed during an emergency response.
- Additional duties include working with the Business Continuity Department and other cross company teams to develop and test emergency response and business continuity plans.
- Serve as a main point of contact for business continuity in the event of other traumatic events.
- Complete After Action Reviews (AAR) for all drills.
- All other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Aviation preferred.
- 5-7 years emergency response experience preferably in the aviation industry.
- Multi-department corporate or operational airline experience preferred.
- Experience in training facilitation ideal but not required.
- Experience developing and executing emergency response drills and exercises preferred.
- Possess a valid passport or ability to obtain one.
- Core Competencies: adaptability, collaboration, curiosity, service-oriented, strives for positive results.
- Ability to work effectively with senior to executive level members of the organization.
- Operational awareness 24/7 with ability to travel without notice in the event of an aircraft incident/accident.
- Ability to travel 10% of the time as needed for training or activations.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment with the ability to be resourceful.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Professional and polished demeanor.
- Must possess integrity, honesty and strong work ethic.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams)
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.