Field Service Representatives
Field Service RepresentativesSTS Technincal Services
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Field Service Representatives in Indianapolis, Indiana.
The primary function of the Field Service Representative (FSR) is to support Intelsat’s airline customers with advanced technical expertise for installation and maintenance issues and problem-solving processes. The FSR working with Airline or Vendor personnel will ensure that all work performed is in accordance within agreed contractual terms and that aircraft are returned to service with fully functioning In Flight Connectivity (IFC) at the earliest opportunity.
Skills required for this position include technical competence with commercial aircraft systems, specifically electrical and avionics equipment troubleshooting and testing.
Applicant must be able to complete complex assignments that require considerable judgment, initiative and technical knowledge to resolve problems and/or develop recommended solutions. The FSR will interface and work collaboratively with internal Intelsat teams, Intelsat’s airline partners and/or Vendors to ensure effective communication and resolution of any day-to-day concerns. Frequent, professional communication with customers and internal stakeholders is required. Location is assigned based on operational requirements.
- Achieve and maintain specific customer satisfaction goals as defined by Intelsat Senior Leadership.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Complete assigned tasks as required to meet deadlines.
- Work collectively with the customer airline’s maintenance, engineering and planning teams to ensure all issues are identified and resolved in a timely manner.
- Support all technical aspects of Intelsat systems installed on the customer fleet, including but not limited to installation, preventative maintenance, fault isolation, troubleshooting, software loading, hardware replacement and fault rectification.
- Ensure that all the required installations, maintenance and preventative maintenance is performed in accordance with agreed contractual terms and procedures.
- Provide a comprehensive internal and external reporting of all technical issues and resolution actions and escalate issues as appropriate.
- Review all relevant documentation for accuracy and appropriateness including, but not limited to, Installation Drawings, AMM Amendments, TSM’s FIM’s and SB’s.
- Provide on-site guidance of the IFC to airline or maintenance personnel.
- Ensure all tooling and equipment required to maintain the IFC is available and current.
- Assist with the development of improved IFC system installation, maintenance and preventative maintenance techniques.
- Provide technical and operational training to airline personnel or vendors as required.
- Monitor and record the LRU repair workshop findings, identifying trends in both no fault found and units failing with a similar cause.
Essential Knowledge & Skills:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in aircraft maintenance including electrical and avionics systems on commercial aircraft.
- Comprehensive knowledge of airline operations and legislation
- Comprehensive knowledge of the relevant technologies is preferred
- Ability to interpret all technical manuals and schematics, including engineering orders supporting the installation and repair of the IFC system.
- Strong customer service skills, familiarity with cultural etiquette, and international experience.
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Office preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Ability to travel frequently, both domestically and Internationally, for extended periods of time and on short notice.
- Ability to work holidays, weekends, and all shifts based on airline schedules and available aircraft ground times
- FAA A&P (or other regulatory body) certification required
- Associated degree in related discipline preferred.
- Ability to pass all background checks for the purpose of on airport support badging
- Must be able to pass a continuous alcohol/drug program
About Our Client:
Intelsat is the inflight Internet company. Our worldwide inflight Wi-Fi services have made internet and video entertainment a regular part of flying. We are a diverse and mission-minded group of professionals all working together in extraordinary harmony. And that’s just the beginning. We connect the aviation industry and air travelers with innovative technology and applications, and we do it all in a high-energy environment that welcomes the next challenge. Be prepared to join a performance-obsessed team that is passionate about bringing the internet to every device, every flight, everywhere.
Our Client’s Mission Statement:
Powering global connectivity.
Our plans are ambitious in terms of growth and product development, as we seek to increase value for shareholders, customers and employees. The result is a brand our markets recognize as synonymous with reliability and innovation.
Diverse culture and dynamic environment
We look for high-caliber, forward-thinking, energetic people with a “can-do” attitude. We want people who thrive in a diverse and challenging work environment, who are receptive to change and who wholeheartedly embrace the opportunity to take responsibility for themselves and the company’s ongoing success.
We Empower Employees to Contribute to Company Success and To Ensure We Continue to Attract and Retain the Right Employees, We Aim To Provide…
- A dynamic working environment where employees are empowered to find solutions that contribute towards company success.
- Strong values based on principles that have been developed by our own employees.
- Ongoing training and development allowing you to progress in your chosen field of expertise or broaden your talents through the development of new skills.
- Regular communication through quarterly all-staff gatherings, divisional and team briefings, and 1 on 1 meetings between employees and their managers.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply via Email
To apply for this job email your details to Eric.Khassanov@sts-ts.com