Final Line Mechanics
Final Line MechanicsSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Final Line Mechanics in Savannah, Georgia.
In a team oriented work environment, install parts and components, lines, cables, etc. in area assigned using required tools and appropriate prints, specs, and operational requirements to complete work assigned through final inspection and assure conformance to specifications. Train other team members in methods and procedures. May serve as an acting Team Coordinator as required.
- Perform the most complex structure or aircraft installations, repairs, rework or tests, requiring familiarity with all functions of components and systems to be installed; ensure all parts/assembly meet requirements.
- By using proper documentation and control, manage all parts and disposition of parts in assigned work station.
- Instruct and assist other team members in interpretation of blueprints, drawings, and engineering orders; develop methods and shop aids to resolve production installation difficulties and problems.
- Coordinate work with other departments to ensure smooth workflow.
- Responsible for quality and efficiency of own installations; make repairs per discrepant material tags, material review request; performs necessary work to ensure installations meet conformity.
- Use a variety of tools and equipment to successfully complete component installation.
- Troubleshoot mechanical and structural problems.
- Update and sign required logs and records as required.
- May be required to plan and organize workloads and resource requirements.
- Maintain a neat and orderly work area, support the company FOD and 5S programs and comply with all safety regulations.
- Demonstrate Manufacturing competencies in the employee effectiveness review.
- Maintain and use all logs and records such as MIR sheets, DMTs, Crabs, PCOs, etc.
- In support of aircraft certification and final phase testing, may include flight tests on aircraft as required
- Support continuous improvement processes as assigned
- Must be able to use mathematical formulas by solving dimensional; problems using fractions, decimals and whole numbers.
- Thorough knowledge in the use of multiple measuring devices, demonstrated ability to use within specified tolerance.
- Production Quality training.
- Solumina and Smarteam experience preferred.
- Requires ability to read and interpret basic blueprints and schematic diagrams.
- Must be skilled in close tolerance work and have knowledge of use of special tools and ability to perform close tolerance work such as drilling, reaming, ship fitting parts, etc.
- Must be able to use all tools required to do the job.
- Ability to operate hydraulic mule pumps, tools, fixtures, and jigs.
- Must be able to climb ladders and stairs, work in small-space restricted areas and lift up to 50 lbs.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.