Final Line Mechanics (REQ# 174425)
Final Line Mechanics (REQ# 174425)STS
Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Final Line Mechanics in Savannah, Georgia.
In a team oriented work environment, install parts and components, lines, cables, etc. in area assigned using required tools and appropriate prints, specs, and operational requirements to complete work assigned through final inspection and assure conformance to specifications.
- Assemble, install, and adjust aircraft structure parts and system components.
- Rig control cables, sectors, linkages, control surfaces, landing gear and doors, engines, cowls, aircraft entry doors and associated parts and hardware.
- Remove and replace system components, cut and fit system lines and associated hardware necessary to facilitate and perform repairs.
- Responsible for quality and efficiency of all installations; ensure all parts/assembly meet requirements. Perform necessary rework to ensure installations meet conformity.
- Install systems lines, valves, ducts and associated parts and hardware. Work to ensure a leak free system.
- Use a variety of tools and equipment, including permaswage pumps, dies, line cutting tools, wrenches, checking tools, witness gauges, etc. and tools to successfully complete component and perform minor structure installation.
- Assist in troubleshooting mechanical and structural problems to facilitate and perform basic repairs.
- Update and sign required logs and records as required.
- Check own work and may be required to check work of junior mechanics to ensure a defect free installation prior to final inspection.
- Maintain a neat and orderly work area, support the company FOD and 5S programs and comply with all safety regulations.
- Demonstrate Gulfstream Manufacturing competencies in the employee effectiveness review.
- Maintain and use all logs and records such as MIR sheets, DMTs, Crabs, PCOs, etc.
- Support continuous improvement processes as assigned.
- In support of aircraft certification and final phase testing, may include flight tests on aircraft as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School graduate/GED.
- One (1) year aerospace/aviation experience or equivalent mechanical experience such as auto mechanics, heavy equipment, etc.
- A&P license may offset the one (1) year of experience required.
- Solumina and Smarteam experience preferred.
- Requires ability to read and interpret basic blueprints and schematic diagrams and use all tools required to do the job.
- Ability to perform work such as basic drilling, reaming, ship fitting parts, etc.
- Must be able to climb ladders and stairs, work in small-space restricted areas and lift up to 50 lbs.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.