STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Finance Analysts in Shippensburg, Pennsylvania.
The Finance Analyst will provide accounting and finance services in support of the organization’s business objectives. This role will perform general accounting and finance functions and account reconciliations; provide information for management through presentation of financial statements and analysis reports. The Finance Analyst will be involved in monthly analysis, forecasting and annual budgeting process; process business transactions in areas such as cost accounting, customer financing, cash and liquidity management, inventory, disbursements, financial planning and operations, and property, plant and equipment in compliance with corporate accounting policies and internal control requirements.
Duties & Responsibilities:
These duties are not meant to be all-inclusive and other duties may be assigned.
- Partner with internal and external customers to lead and grow the business; assist in analyzing and preparing monthly results for management. Interact with other departments on business issues that impact financial projections.
- Promote and attract optimal capital allocation for internal and external customers; assist in development and maintenance of budgets and forecasts. Lead and support “Make vs. Buy” decisions and appropriation request for capital projects.
- Communicate and drive opportunities to deliver best value for customers; support and partner with management in planning, measuring and reporting on performance of business functions and opportunities to improve profitability through pricing and cost efficiency.
- Responsible for monthly close process for assigned areas and business segments, including account reconciliation and review monthly financial reporting package in compliance with the Corporate Accounting Policies and Procedures (CAPP) manual.
- Assist in the management and administration of business systems and procedures; perform testing and update Sarbanes-Oxley process documentation for changes affecting internal controls.
- Develop customer-friendly systems, processes and metrics; perform assigned shared services tasks in accordance with standard work instructions. Monitor and track key operational benchmarks.
- Champion the Oshkosh “People First” competencies to engage, develop, and connect team members.
- Identify and support continuous improvement projects while leveraging the Oshkosh Continuous Improvement Management System (CIMS) tools and concepts.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or a related field.
- Two (2) or more years of relevant experience OR Finance/Accounting internship within Oshkosh Corporation.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time.
Nice to Have:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suites: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with U.S. and international accounting regulations.
- Physical Demands: Frequent Hearing, Talking, Visual, Sitting, Typing; Occasional Standing, Walking/Running, Reaching, Fine Dexterity, Manual Dexterity; Seldom Driving, Bending/Kneeling, Upper Extremity Repetitive Motion, Lifting/Carrying up to 20 lbs., Pushing/Pulling up to 20 lbs.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 262-439-7507.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.