STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Finance Managers in McConnellsburg, Pennsylvania.
The Manager, Accounting & Financial Reporting will provide accounting and finance services and lead processes in support of business objectives. This role will provide information for management through preparation and presentation of financial statements and analysis reports; manage general accounting and business transactions for various finance functions in compliance with corporate accounting policies and internal control requirements.
These duties are not meant to be all-inclusive and other duties may be assigned.
- Provide leadership and direction in the core areas of financial accounting, internal controls, statutory reporting, and compliance.
- Work closely with accounting, finance, and business partners to provide thought leadership on technical accounting considerations pertaining to both ongoing and potential business activities.
- Research and prepare technical accounting position papers and other related accounting deliverables in support of recurring required technical analyses, adoption of new accounting standards / policies, and complex business transactions.
- Communicate, maintain, and enforce compliance with the company’s accounting policies and procedures manual to ensure timely, accurate, complete, and consistent financial reporting which complies with applicable rules and regulations
- Partner with global finance partners and external auditors to ensure statutory financial reports are completed timely and in compliance with relevant accounting and compliance frameworks.
- Partner with internal and external customers to lead and grow the business; manage analysis in assigned areas and prepare monthly results for management. Interact with other departments on business issues that impact financial projections.
- Manage monthly close process for assigned areas and business segments, which may include account reconciliation and review monthly financial reporting packages in compliance with the company’s accounting policies and procedures.
- Assist internal and external auditors during quarterly reviews and annual audits.
- Responsible for the management and administration of business systems and procedures; ensure that the effectiveness of new procedures is validated, and Sarbanes-Oxley process documentation is updated for changes effecting internal controls.
- Identify and support continuous improvement projects while leveraging Continuous Improvement Management Systems (CIMS) tools and concepts; review analyses performed by team members in assigned business areas.
- Coordinate team efforts on enterprise-wide projects to collaboratively achieve business objectives and implement standard practices throughout the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or related field.
- Four (4) or more years of relevant experience in accounting, finance, or treasury functions.
- Experience in public accounting or in public US companies with roles emphasizing technical accounting applications.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), active license.
- Demonstrated knowledge of various financial regulations (e.g. US GAAP, SOX, international laws).
- Ability to independently sustain and self-educate on technical accounting / financial reporting concepts and requirements.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with emphasis on ability to present complex accounting concepts in a clear and relatable fashion to audiences with varying levels accounting expertise.
- Ability to travel 10%.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.