Firmware Quality Assurance Engineers
Firmware Quality Assurance EngineersSTS Technincal Services
Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Firmware Quality Assurance Engineers in Brookfield, Wisconsin.
Why Badger Meter:
Badger Meter is a leading global water technology company, with a mission to preserve and protect the world’s most precious resource. For more than 100 years, cities and businesses have utilized our innovative and trusted solutions to enhance operational efficiency and conserve water while making it more affordable, clean and resilient. Just like every drop counts, at Badger Meter every employee counts because our contributions have a lasting impact on the world!
What You Will Contribute:
The Firmware Quality Assurance Engineer I provides product firmware support/sustaining engineering with minimal oversight. The includes but is not limited to performing product and design verification tests, assisting with defining test plans and production implementations, and participating on project teams. This role will be responsible for working with circuit boards, verifying their quality, and doing troubleshooting; reviewing all output messages that the circuit boards are outputting, making sure there are no bugs, and documenting.
Major Job Duties/Accountability:
- Provides product support/sustaining engineering with minimal oversight
- Perform product and design verification tests
- Assists in defining test plans / production implementations
- Writes procedures
- Initiates and implements engineering change requests
- Designs component/portion of a project
- Work is reviewed by Sr. or Principle Engineer, or other as assigned
Firmware Quality Assurance:
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of firmware functionality in order to evaluate and ensure product operations during test cycles.
- Develop and execute test cases/test scripts from requirements, use-cases, design documents and other project documentation.
- Work with defect tracking systems for bug resolutions.
- Work with oscilloscopes, multi-meters, etc., as needed to complete needed tests and investigate issues
- Assist the Implementation of automation of moderate to difficult test cases using tools like Lab View
- Knowledge of the Software Design Life Cycle for waterfall and agile is preferred
- Technical Associates Degree
- 2+ years of related experience
- Experience with C or C++
- Experience working with circuit boards and standard lab tools
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or other STEM degree
- Experience with Jira
- Experience with Test Rail
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.