Flight Controls System Safety Engineers
Flight Controls System Safety EngineersSTS Technincal Services
Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Flight Controls System Safety Engineers in Fort Worth, Texas.
- Bell is seeking a self-motivated System Safety Engineer with experience in flight control systems to support the development of conventional and fly-by-wire helicopters and tiltrotor aircraft, both manned and un-manned, as well as new and novel products and platforms, such as Advanced Air Mobility and autonomous transportation / delivery systems.
- The system requirements associated with these products are challenging and exciting.
- Our existing aircraft systems and emerging concept vehicles provide opportunities for systems engineering, simulation, and test of configurations and technologies that will shape the future of aviation.
- This position will be part of a diverse team of engineers capable of executing in a challenging and fast-paced environment.
- Provide disciplined System Safety engineering processes, procedures, and instructions to ensure system safety in all facets of program operations.
- Work within the engineering team and participate in design reviews relating to safety and reliability aspects to ensure air vehicle safety of flight.
- Influence air vehicle design to improve system safety features and design.
- May be asked to participate into the actual design of the fight controls architecture and equipment specifications.
- Perform the necessary Aircraft and System Functional Hazard Analyses (AFHA, SFHA) to identify and classify potentially hazardous conditions and recommend actions that would contribute to the minimization or prevention of hazards.
- Define and verify DO-178 and DO-254 software / hardware development assurance level (DAL) requirements.
- Perform aircraft-level Failure Mode, Effects & Criticality Analysis (FMECA).
- Perform Aircraft and System Safety Analyses (ASA, SSA) and provide feedback to the program.
- Review technical documentation from suppliers related to safety aspects of the various equipment integrated with aircraft systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering is required.
- Master’s Degree is preferred.
- 5 years minimum experience in analysis and/or design of aircraft systems is required, with detailed knowledge of flight control systems design.
- Familiarity with avionics, electrical, and propulsion systems is preferred.
- Experience with Functional Hazard Analysis, Fault Tree Analysis, Failure Mode Effects Cause Analysis, Safety Assessment Reports, Common Cause Analysis (CCA), Common Mode Analysis (CMA), Particular Risk Analysis (PRA), Zonal Safety Analysis (ZSA) and review of supplier Safety Assessment Reports is required.
- Detailed knowledge of ARP-4761 and ARP-4754A is required.
- Knowledge of FAR/AWM 27/527 and/or FAR/AWM 29/529 standards highly desirable.
- Experience with CAFTA Fault Tree Analysis software desirable.
- Familiarity with MIL-STD-882 System Safety Programs and risk assessment process is preferred.
- Familiarity with Systems Theoretic Process Analysis (STPA) methodology is preferred.
- Must be a proven self-starter requiring minimal supervision, with excellent foresight and problem-solving skills.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.