Flight Controls Systems & Hardware Engineers
Flight Controls Systems & Hardware EngineersSTS
Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Flight Controls Systems & Hardware Engineers in Fort Worth, Texas.
Our client has an opening for Flight Controls Systems Engineers to support the development of new and novel products and platforms, such as autonomous Urban Air Taxi and Product transportation/delivery systems.
The systems requirements associated with these products are challenging and exciting. Our existing aircraft systems and emerging concept vehicles provide opportunities for systems engineering, simulation and test of configurations and technologies that will shape the future of aviation. This position will be part of a diverse team of engineers capable of executing in a challenging and fast-paced environment.
- Design and test of Fly-by-Wire Flight Control Systems (FCS) with embedded software and complex hardware in a rapid development environment within a relatively small team working on cutting edge aerospace technology.
- Development of systems architecture, system and software design, redundancy management, electronic hardware design and integration, input sensor design and integration, and actuator design and controls integration.
- Development of unique air vehicle control mechanisms, autonomous systems and control algorithms, and flight control law integration.
- Requirements management, systems specifications, interface management, system safety assessment, verification and validation testing in desktop simulation and systems integration labs, and participation in aircraft flight test activities
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Science required.
- Other technical degrees may be considered with relevant work experience.
- Experience at all levels will be considered with a minimum of 4 years of specific experience with systems and hardware development.
- Familiarity with Embedded Hardware and Software Design.
- Electronic Hardware, Electric Motor Drive, Signal Conditioning, Sensor Integration, Software Implementation.
- Data protocols – RS-422/485 UART, ARINC 429, Ethernet, SPI.
- Experience with system architecture creation, design diagrams, interconnect diagrams, and interface control documentation.
- Familiarity with avionics systems, inertial systems, electrical power, electro-mechanical actuation and controls, and flight test.
- Experience with flight control system development and testing in a lab environment.
- Experience with aircraft installation, functional testing, and troubleshooting.
- Experience with the following primary development environments:
- MathWorks MATLAB / Simulink.
- MathWorks Simulink / Speedgoat integration.
- C/C++ code.
- Bench tools such as Oscilloscopes, Multimeters, Power supplies.
- Serena Dimensions / PVCS, git. <br> o RTOS, Linux OS, or bare metal.
- Generation of System Safety Assessments, Functional Hazard Assessments, and test plans.
- Experience with component Acceptance Testing and Qualification Testing.
- Experience with creation of system specifications, requirements traceability, and verification.
- Familiarity with RTCA DO-160, MIL-STD-810, RTCA DO-178, RTCA DO-254, SAE ARP4754A, SAE ARP4761, 14 CFR Part 27 and Part 29 for commercial and military qualification and certification of aircraft systems.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.