Flight Line Traveling A&P Mechanics
Flight Line Traveling A&P MechanicsSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Flight Line Traveling A&P Mechanics in San Antonio, Texas!
Full-Time/Direct Hire position, as a traveling A&P Mechanic (traveling between 180 and 240 days a year). Must be able to successfully work with little direct supervision. Must be able to troubleshoot, repair and modify all aircraft systems to include avionics and structural repairs. Well rounded, Jack-of-all-Trades Mechanic with strong mechanical aptitude and common sense required. Working daily on flying aircraft, not a heavy check, phase or depot maintenance position.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the maintenance and preventive maintenance of aircraft
- Determines airworthiness of aircraft and components
- Completes aircraft maintenance forms entries and ensures entries are accurate and complete
- Services and inspects aircraft, components and related equipment
- Ensure consistent, accurate aircraft maintenance
- Follow all Maintenance Department Policies and Procedures
- Releases aircraft for service
- Maintains on-board spare parts inventory
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Position requires a minimum of 5 years’ of flight line aircraft maintenance experience with B-707 (KC-135, E6B Mercury, AWACS, Joint STARS, etc.) or DC-10 (KC-10) aircraft; no other type aircraft experience accepted
- Must possess FAA certification in Airframe and Powerplant
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50lbs.
- Must be able to work long hours on a flight line with exposure to the weather
- Must qualify for a military Common Access Card (US military background investigation required)
- Must be able to obtain a San Antonio International Airport Secure Identification Display Area (SIDA) badge
- Must be a US Citizen or authorized to work in the US to comply with International Trafficking in Arms and US Export Compliance regulations
STS Technical Services offers direct deposits / electric payroll, an awesome medical insurance program, cash advances, and the opportunity to refer a friend for compensation.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the STS Aviation Group family, we encourage you to apply on this page. Have questions? Give us a call at 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon