Flight Management Systems Specialists
Flight Management Systems SpecialistsSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Flight Management Systems Specialists in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Responsibilities include preparation of the contents of the navigation databases and supporting aircraft and flight simulators on a daily basis.
- Process the aircraft navigation databases and coordinate the distribution with MCC every 28 days.
- Maintain compliance with applicable FAA criteria and Operations Policy and Procedures.
- Coordinate with various departments and outside agencies regarding navigation errors and revisions.
- Exercise a constant safety conscious behavior in all operational processes and procedures.
- Position also involves direct support for shop, hangar, simulator, and line operations in troubleshooting and providing corrective actions pertaining to the navigation database.
- Provides assistance for any navigational issues.
- Process the aircraft/simulator navigation databases every 28 days.
- Identify changes and ensure accuracy of any changes in each cycle.
- Ensure appropriate distribution to aircraft maintenance and simulator support for loading prior to deadline.
- Anticipate changes to fleet database requirements including off-cycle runs and the effects on cost.
- Works to reduce costs when possible.
- May attend industry meetings to focus attention on issues and outcomes beneficial to the company.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in related field and at least five years of aviation industry experience.
- Proficiency using MS Office Suite with emphasis on MS Access, Excel and Word.
- Should possess technical expertise in subject areas of aviation communications, navigation, and surveillance architecture.
- Should have excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Working knowledge of Flight Operations and Tech Ops organizations preferred.
- Background in engineering, aircraft maintenance or flight dispatch preferred (A&P, FCC, ADX licensed). Former procedure design experience preferred.
- Pilot ratings and flying experience are desirable.
- Must be performing satisfactorily in current position.
At STS Technical Services we offer a comprehensive benefits package to all employees, and candidates of every background are encouraged to apply.
If you have questions about pay rates, benefits, etc… please contact us at 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks so much, and we look forward to hearing from you soon!