Flight Operations / Test Dispatchers
Flight Operations / Test DispatchersSTS
Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Flight Operations / Test Dispatchers in Savannah, Georgia.
Strong working knowledge/experience with MS Project and FOS (Flight Operations System) scheduling tools. Basic knowledge of PowerBI. Programming skillset desired.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Associate’s Degree required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- 3 years experience with international air transportation operations.
Note: This position description addresses two separate Flight Operations Test Dispatcher I roles Demonstration or Test. Some duties, responsibilities and requirements are identical others are different. The differences are defined by using either the term Demonstration or Test for the affected duties, responsibilities or requirements.
- Demonstration: Under moderate supervision, dispatch and schedule corporate aircraft and flight crew to effectively meet company goals. Serve as the central point of contact for flight operations, coordinating communication between Sales and Marketing, service centers, corporate offices, customers, flight crew, accounting, and maintenance departments.
- Test: Under moderate supervision, dispatch and schedule flight test aircraft or flight operations experimental, initial phase, final phase and service center aircraft and flight crew to effectively meet company goals. Serve as the central point of contact for worldwide flight test operations, coordinating communication between, initial phase, final phase, service centers, corporate offices, sales, customers, flight crew, accounting, and maintenance departments.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Dispatches aircraft in accordance with FAA regulations and company defined policies (Demonstration: For the purpose of sales demonstration, corporate transportation, and product support. Test: For the purpose of experimental flight test, production and completion flight test, and product support.)
- Schedules aircraft, flight crew, and maintenance to build the most efficient flight schedule possible while determining the technical and logistical feasibility of each request.
- Manages all aspects of international trip planning and logistical arrangements for aircraft and flight crew.
- Develops and maintains working relationships with an assortment of internal and external customers.
- Calculates various flight factors such as weather, runway performance, airport curfews, weight and balance issues, distance, and fuel needs to create and/or update flight plans.
- Plans and coordinates the use of contract services (i.e., contract crews, charter aircraft) to meet corporate requirements.
- Monitors the progress of dispatched aircraft advising management of significant issues or flight delays.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Practical experience with aircraft scheduling and flight planning software.
- Prior experience in a military or civilian flight operation department.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.