Fuel User Group Manager
Fuel User Group ManagerSTS Technincal Services
STS Technical Services is hiring a Fuel User Group Manager in Savannah, Georgia.
Supervise, assist, and coordinate activities of the Fuel User Group workers in the maintenance and inspection, fuel storage, distribution, and dispensing systems from an 80,000-gallon total bulk storage capacity facility. Determine safety, maintenance, and inspection methods, and instruct and direct workers in such procedures. Supervise Fuel User’s Group Accounts Receivable billing process. Diagnose difficult equipment maintenance problems and recurring malfunctions. Manage the Fuel User Group team to deliver the highest levels of customer service in the most cost-effective and time-sensitive manner while ensuring adherence to TICO standard operating procedures. Support the Terminal Manager in the management and coordination of all operational functions. Play critical customer contact role.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Professionally, safely, and cost-effectively maintain the operational readiness of the fuel user group team and adhere to Company policies and procedures to maximize the Fuel User Group’s environmental stewardship program and ensure that all supervised employees adhere to local and state and federal environmental and hazardous materials and hazardous waste regulation.
- Remain abreast of compliance issues regarding all aspects of the Fuel User Group operation, not limited to and including hazardous spill cleanup procedures and disposal.
- Obtain and maintain all required local, state, and federal hazardous materials certifications.
- Maintain current knowledge of all state and federal regulations regarding management and emergency response measures for hazardous material handling, including OSHA regulations; Hazardous Materials 49 C.F.R., and Environmental 40 C.F.R. bulletins; and Environmental Health and Safety bulletins.
- Maintain required certifications.
- Wear all the required personal protective equipment during the performance of job duties.
- Maximize FUG utilization, balancing customer demands with the costs of a capital-intensive fleet of equipment.
- Manage and supervise the fuel user group team fueling operations to ensure the highest standards of safety and service delivery.
- Manage, train, and develop Fuel User Group workers.
- Prepare and assign work duty schedules for Fuel User Group personnel.
- Develop and maintain customer relationships by proactively approaching customer counterparts and adhering to all customer service guidelines. Investigate and resolve customer complaints/problems.
- Support the Terminal Manager by balancing the need to have equipment ready for service with the need to conduct required routine equipment maintenance.
- Study schedules and estimate worker hour requirements for completion of job assignments while minimizing the requirement for overtime.
- Requisition tires, fuel, and supplies as needed.
- Develop or revise standard operational and working practices to increase safety, efficiency, reduce costs and optimize customer service.
- Administer and ensure departmental compliance with Company safety standards, Company policy and practices, as well as compliance with state, federal, and OSHA regulatory standards.
- Investigate all incidents and accidents [involving company property or persons or that of another company or customer] and report immediately to senior management.
- Analyze and resolve work problems or assist personnel in problem resolution.
- Initiate or suggest plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
- Promote teamwork among all departments companywide.
- Proactively address opportunities and threats through the development of sound organizational plans.
- Maintain records of work hours, supplies utilized, and work performed, and review and/or complete required reports to the Terminal Manager as needed.
- Adhere to all Company/agency reporting requirements.
- Actively participate in staff recruitment
- Availability to work off-hours, as needed.
- Perform all duties of employees under supervision as needed.
- Comply with Company/agency policy/procedures and maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Certifications / Licenses / Registrations:
- Current/valid drivers’ license, TWIC Card, maintains all certifications required by DOT, OSHA, and Company safety programs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to vibration; high, precarious, places and confined spaces; outside weather conditions. Shops are sometimes drafty. There is a risk of electrical shock. The employee is frequently exposed to contaminants, chemicals, and air-borne particles. Sounds or noise levels are loud and can be distracting or uncomfortable.
About STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.