Functional Safety Managers
Functional Safety ManagersSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Functional Safety Managers in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin.
Looking for a Functional Safety Manager for motorcycle development projects. This person will work with Engineers, Suppliers, and project leaders to identify necessary Functional Safety work, how to get that done, and tracking to completion. Support of work product completion will be part of role where appropriate. Work products focusses primarily on Concept and System phases, with some work in hardware and software development. This role requires someone who is a self starter that can work collaboratively with people across multiple areas of the organization to gain alignment in the Functional safety work needed for success.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Creation and Maintenance of project specific Safety Plans.
- Identify Functional Safety work for the project.
- Coordinate with Program Managers to identify resources and track progress.
- with assigned Engineers to build work into their plans.
- Supplier Development Interface Agreements.
- Ensure the appropriate DIAs are agreed between HD and suppliers, and that the expectations within them are clear and lead to compliance.
- Track completion of the work according to the DIA and review supplier deliverables for correctness and completeness.
- Support completion of Functional Safety work products.
- Provide coaching to engineers on sufficient work product completion.
- Complete work products specific to Functional Safety Management or in support of Engineering where appropriate.
- Perform work product verification and confirmation reviews as appropriate.
- Assemble Safety Case
- Assemble the completed work products and provide the supporting information to show how that work is sufficient for compliance.
- Additionally, this role has the opportunity to define and refine the toolsets used to effectively and efficiently execute Functional Safety.
- Bachelors degree in engineering.
- Electrical Engineering is a plus.
- 5 years experience in electrical systems development.
- At least 2 years direct experience with Functional Safety.
- Work as a Functional Safety Manger is a plus.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a recruiting professional directly, please call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.