Fuselage Design Engineers
Fuselage Design EngineersSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Fuselage Design Engineers in Greensboro, North Carolina.
Fuselage Structures Designer Engineering will serve in a design role and be responsible for conceptual design, developing drawings and supporting documents i.e. parts list checklist, EOs. Will support design reviews and PDRs/CDRs.
- Generates engineering models, drawings, parts list and EO utilizing CATIA V5
- Implement industry best engineering practices (design for manufacturing, design for reliability and design for maintainability)
- Will help to achieve company objectives including cost, weight, project sustaining, on production, or new product development
- Familiarity with structural analysis methods, load paths, and material properties
- Manages task execution to ensure on-time and on-target completion
- Perform tolerance and deviation studies. Define detail parts dimensional requirements to meet final design intent.
- Utilizes drafting and Geometrical Dimensioning and Tolerancing knowledge to optimize the design for cost and producability
- Working knowledge of composite aircraft construction including primary and secondary structure
- Able to communicate with others in a respectful manner and acknowledge their concerns and suggestions
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering or related engineering discipline preferred but experience can used in lieu of education
- Minimum of 5+ years of primary and secondary structural design experience
- Must possess a minimum of 2000 hours of experience with Catia V5
- Knowledge of Fibersim
- Knowledge of AMSE Y14.5 dimensioning and tolerancing
- Possess strong communication skills both verbal and writing skills conducting presentations to internal and external customers
- Experience with Catia V5
- Working knowledge of full life cycle drawing approval process including communication with manufacturing, stress, CM, and quality
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products
STS Technical Services offers direct deposits / electric payroll, an awesome medical insurance program, cash advances, and the opportunity to refer a friend for compensation.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the STS Aviation Group family, we encourage you to apply on this page. Have questions? Give us a call at 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.