General Aircraft Mechanics
General Aircraft MechanicsSTS
Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring General Aircraft Mechanics in San Antonio, Texas.
- 4+ years of on-aircraft general maintenance experience.
- Please clearly indicate on your resume your aircraft platform experience and years of experience with aircraft maintenance and modifications.
- Demonstrated experience with preserving aircraft structure, sealing, shimming, and the ability to interpret engineering drawings and retrofit requirements to perform modifications and aircraft servicing.
- The ability to obtain customer approval for aircraft access, for which Dual citizenship or prior citizenship of any other country may preclude the ability to obtain access.
- Perform efforts associated with sealing, painting, shimming, and preserving structure and systems in accordance with standard repair processes
- Demonstrates the capability to read and interpret engineering drawings, technical orders, process specification, and retrofit requirements to perform modification/repair.
- Use of tooling assemblies and fixtures for depot level modification and repair of structural parts.
- A detailed knowledge of aircraft unique tools such as test equipment, torque wrenches, dial indicators, micrometers, cable tensiometers, sheet metal brakes and sheers, etc. is required.
- The mechanic will be required to access aircraft data via computer systems and initiate on-line parts and discrepancy requests.
- Maintain necessary certifications, licenses and permits as required for assigned work.
- Must be able to work various shifts and/or an alternate baseline schedule that may frequently change to support mission requirements and may include weekends and holidays.
- Mission requirements and/or workload may require both scheduled and unscheduled overtime.
- The candidate must be able to ascend and descend vertical work ladders, work in confined spaces, and lift loads of approximately 35 pounds.
- Exposure to noise, working on elevated platforms
- Use personal protective gear for face, eyes, ears, hand, and arms as required.
- Pass visual acuity and color perception tests
- Read, write, and comprehend the English language
- Handle, use, and dispose of hazardous material
- Obtain & maintain training certifications as required to support assignment responsibilities
- Occasional (1 to 3 hrs) finger manipulation
- On occasion, a 2-person lift may be necessary for weights greater than 50 lbs
- Frequent reaching overhead (3 to 6 hrs)
- Frequent walking on flat surfaces
- Frequent standing flat or uneven surfaces
- Frequent balancing on a ladder, steps, or uneven surfaces
- Occasional climbing on 3-12 ft ladders or stands
- Rotation of head/neck, sitting, crawling, squatting, bend/stoop, lying down, and operate foot controls for an extended period of time
- Occasional contact with metals
- Frequent exposure to noise
- Currently possess an FAA A&P License or Military Technical School equivalent
- Computer skills experience including but not limited to: aircraft related systems and basic Microsoft Suite software (i.e. Word, Excel)
- Experience reading and understanding engineering drawings, blueprints, schematics, and specifications
- High school diploma or GED and typically 4+ years related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a recruiting professional directly, please call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.