STS Technical Services is hiring General Managers in Madison, Wisconsin.
The General Manager will be responsible for achieving annual business plan objectives for three truck dealership locations in Wisconsin’s Madison metro area. The ideal candidate will work closely with dealership Department Managers and employees while directing and managing all day-to-day dealership activities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plans dealership operations for the coming year and submits to the company Chief Financial Officer for approval. These plans include the annual business plan, including departmental budgets and departmental sales plans.
- Develops and implements action plans to achieve dealership-wide sales, profitability and market share business plan objectives.
- Reviews with the Chief Financial Officer, on a monthly basis, departmental and dealership financial results for consistency with business plan forecasts.
- Work with Executive Management to ensure department business plan objectives are met. As needed, collaborate on substantial sales opportunities, staffing, compensation and training matters, product issues, employee performance issues and customer service related matters.
- Meet with department managers to develop monthly goals and objectives, and to review overall performance.
- Conduct regularly scheduled management meetings to ensure every department is operating efficiently and profitably.
- Provide support to all location personnel and ensure department objectives and performance results are communicated a regular basis.
- The General Manager, in the absence of the New or Used Truck Sales Manager at the dealership, assumes the primary management responsibility for these vital departments and lead the dealership’s truck sales efforts and management of the truck sales team at their location.
- Communicate and enforce all company policies and procedures to ensure adherence and consistency throughout dealership(s)
- Monitor the daily operating statement, recommending improved courses of action where necessary.
- Responsible for the productivity and morale of managers and employees.
- Provide leadership which positively shapes employees’ attitudes and builds strong morale and company loyalty.
- Review and approve compensation plans for employees and share recommendations to Executive Management for approval.
- Resolve, fairly and effectively, any customer complaints that department managers are unable to rectify
- Develop and maintain a good working relationship with customers, manufacturers, vendors, and all Lakeside personnel.
- Management of accounts receivable.
- All other duties as assigned
- College degree or equivalent experience in medium and heavy-duty truck industry
- Minimum (5) years’ medium and heavy-duty truck dealership experience
- Truck Sales License
- CDL License
- Customer focused
- Strong management background
- Leadership skills
- Salesmanship and strong business acumen
- Organizational abilities
- Knowledge of medium and heavy-duty truck dealership accounting
STS Technical Services is the leading provider of technical, professional, and industrial workforce solutions for the commercial, industrial, and defense markets. From mining to manufacturing, defense to transportation, engineering to maintenance, our services encompass the total life-cycle of a product; strategically designed to keep our clients engineering, manufacturing, operating and maintaining. For nearly 40 years we have provided contract and direct positions with the finest companies in America, with opportunities in your local region, nationwide, and around the world.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.
If you have questions, please contact an STS Recruiter at 1-800-447-0515. Otherwise, all interested applicants are encouraged to apply directly on this page. Thanks, and best of luck!
Job ID: 42098