Global Sales Support Advisors
Global Sales Support AdvisorsSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Global Sales Support Advisors in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
The Global Sales Support Advisor is responsible for the appropriate utilization of sales benefits and business exceptions for Global Sales contracted B2B accounts, representing over $20B annually. The advisor is the escalation point for these strategic accounts and effectually negotiates business decisions that maximize Sales revenue growth strategies. In order to competitively position and maximize B2B customer benefits and revenue, the advisor is responsible for resolving complex travel agency ticketing issues, interpreting and verifying unique fare and ticketing rules for multiple airline partners and successfully resolving other travel-related issues ranging from pre- to post-travel. The advisor is a fundamental part of the Sales model and strengthens the overall Sales B2B relationship by building and maintaining strong customer relationships through daily interactions. In addition, the advisor role augments Global Sales efforts by providing accurate and up-to-date information to customer accounts regarding the company as well as all Joint Venture and SkyTeam partner sales programs, policies and products. The advisor build proficiency in ticketing rules and procedures and understands corporate travel benefits. As expertise builds, the advisor will have opportunities to support the Sales team through participation at internal presentations and at customer facing events such as joint sales calls, trade shows and webinars. The advisor position reports to a GSS performance manager.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Uses analytical reasoning and knowledge of sales guidelines, account value and customer benefits to independently respond to Global Sales B2B customer requests for travel related issues such as flight availability, schedule changes, ticketing changes, large scale service disruptions, service failures, etc.
- Evaluates B2B customer requests and decides on appropriate sales benefits and business exception options to offer (ticketing rule exceptions, such as fee waiver; access to certain inventories, airline fares and seat selection; approves ticket refunds; determines waitlist priorities, etc.), in order to most efficiently and effectively resolve issues at first point of contact.
- Is a consultant to the travel agency partner in helping them to understand Joint Venture and SkyTeam partner global ticketing and fare rules and penalties, policies, products, online resources such as Pro and AF/KL travel partner website; also consults with travel agents to help trouble shoot any global ticketing issues and direct them to the appropriate resources (GDS provider, ARC/IATA, other airlines, etc.).
- Collaborates and navigates across internal business partners (i.e. airport management, reservations, commercial teams) from Joint Venture and SkyTeam partners to resolve customer issues. Often this requires research and follow-up over multiple days and time zones.
- Distinguishes customer segments such as agency, corporate or specific industry verticals (i.e. Entertainment and Production, Finance) and applies appropriate sales benefits (benefits vary by geographical region and by points of sale) in order to maximize account value.
- Is well versed in and able to effectively communicate specific Joint Venture and SkyTeam partner products, amenities and policies in order to address customer inquiries.
- May assist in troubleshooting minor technical issues involving Axis, salesforce.com applications, hardware or soft phone impacting ability to service customer and take appropriate action to report impact to business operations.
- Utilizes multiple applications, unique tools and resources to efficiently resolve customer requests (waiver exception and tracking application, Axis, Salesforce, Oscar, Air4, InContact, Microsoft apps, etc.)
- Conducts business using differentiated customer service to high value B2B customers primarily via inbound calls using call distribution system but also via other communication channels.
- Demonstrates knowledge and practice of core company and industry business principles, processes and upholds Rules of the Road standards.
- Available to work extended hours beyond normal assigned hours as operationally required.
- Practices safety-conscious behaviors in all operational processes and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively negotiate real-time sound business decisions using creative problem solving approaches.
- Must possess ability to quickly acquire expertise in airline ticketing processes and systems as well as to interpret and apply fare rules for Joint Venture, SkyTeam partners and other carriers.
- Knowledge of airline pricing, ticketing and distribution systems is helpful; expertise in Axis, Oscar, Air4, Sabre, Apollo, Worldspan is a plus.
- Ability to make smart business decisions.
- Possesses business maturity to work through ambiguous situations and scenarios.
- Requires excellent customer service skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and works effectively in a team environment.
- Excellent reliability, time management and organizational skills needed to be successful.
- Demonstrates clear, pleasant and courteous verbal and written communication skills and appropriate use of grammar, spelling and business terminology.
- Proficient technology skills, including use of Microsoft Office and Salesforce.com, and ability to independently troubleshoot during any technical downtime (hardware and software).
- In addition to fluent English, business proficiency in Spanish, Portuguese, French, Japanese, Mandarin, Korean or Cantonese may be required.
- Works well in a dynamic, fast paced and time-constrained environment where efficiency and customer service must be balanced.
- Must be willing and able to travel occasionally.
- Must be performing satisfactorily in present position.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.