Golf Cart Test Drivers
Golf Cart Test DriversSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Golf Cart Test Drivers in Augusta, Georgia!
The Test Technician/Driver is an entry level position within the Engineering Department with a primary responsibility of driving and evaluating Off Highway Performance Vehicles for the new product group. This position requires a hands-on individual with a mechanical aptitude capable of operating test vehicles, troubleshooting vehicle subsystems, repairing the vehicles as needed and writing detailed situational reports.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Follow written and verbal instruction to perform vehicle tests requested by the Engineering Department
- Provide detailed situational feedback to the Engineering Department
- Assist in determination and communicate performance improvements for or from design changes
- Inspect vehicle sub systems and components for proper operation and other wear, fatigue damage etc.
- Operate and evaluate test vehicles in a safe and controlled manner while providing written and verbal durability and performance feedback to Engineering
- Repair the vehicle when broken or damaged
- This includes replacing parts, fabricating, welding, writing work orders to have parts made etc.
- It also includes talking with the design engineering team and obtaining replacement parts to repair the vehicle and get it back to testing
- Complete all daily logs, paperwork and reports as requested
- Complete ROHVA E-Course
- Complete Safety and Red Cross First Aide training
- Safe operation of test vehicles is a condition of employment
- High School Diploma
- Some vocational training in engineering, auto repair, mechanical, electrical and computer areas preferred
- Previous off road vehicle testing experience a plus
- Valid Driver’s License
- Ability to pass DOT physical
- Ability to drive trucks with trailers
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Able to photograph/video and report test incidents to a high degree of clarity and details
- Computer skilled and proficient with Microsoft applications such as, Windows, Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Analyze test data for proper function and reporting
- Provide feedback to possible design issues or changes needed for cost, performance and safety
- Willing to test at remote locations, for long period of time throughout North America
- Mechanical aptitude, repair skills and part fabrication for all portions of vehicle
- Off road experience with ride on mowers, ATVs, Side by Sides, Jeeps or 4 wheel drive trucks
- Self-starter, motivated to do projects with minimal supervision
STS Technical Services offers direct deposits / electric payroll, an awesome medical insurance program, cash advances, and the opportunity to refer a friend for compensation.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the STS Aviation Group family, we encourage you to apply on this page. Have questions? Give us a call at 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.