Ground Service Equipment Mechanics
Ground Service Equipment MechanicsSTS Technincal Services
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Ground Service Equipment Mechanics in Shreveport, Louisiana.
Performs scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on Ground Service Equipment. Inspects, tests, and operates GSE to determine equipment serviceability and proper operation. Service, maintenance, repair and replace all parts of GSE type equipment. Diagnoses mechanical and electronic circuitry malfunctions using visual and auditory senses, test equipment, and technical publications. Removes, disassembles, repairs, cleans, treats for corrosion, assembles, and re-installs GSE accessories and components.
- Services equipment with fuel, oil, coolant, water, hydraulic fluid, and air. Operates, cleans, inspects, and services GSE towing vehicles and maintains vehicle forms
- Diagnoses malfunctions and repairs GSE. Advises and performs troubleshooting on GSE before assigning repair action. Inspects and approves completed maintenance actions.
- Uses automated maintenance system to monitor maintenance trends, analyze equipment requirements, maintain equipment records, and document maintenance actions. Analyzes and repairs ground support equipment using conventional and digital multimeters, voltmeters, and hand tools.
- Maintains external fuel and grounding systems. Stores, handles, uses, and disposes of hazardous material and waste according to environmental standards.
- Stores all GSE parts, supplies and equipment in their assigned locations according to identifying information such as style, size, or type of material. Ensures all Hazardous Material (HazMat) items are properly stored as per Federal, local and base policies and assists with monitoring HazMat.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- This position requires a current driver’s license.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts
- The employee is exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, extreme cold, extreme heat
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to sit and climb or balance.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply via Email
To apply for this job email your details to Chloe.Frasier@ststechnicaljobs.com