Guidance, Navigation & Controls Engineers (Level 3)
Guidance, Navigation & Controls Engineers (Level 3)STS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Guidance, Navigation & Controls Engineers in Grand Prairie, Texas.
Hiring Note: Active Secret clearance is required to start. Please add clearance status to top of your resume.
- Seeking an experienced GNC System Engineer to support analysis of the Ground System portion of an (Integrated Air & Missile Defense (IAMD) System.
- Support for system performance assessments and trade studies will be required.
- Support the integration, test, verification and validation of the system and various subsystems, including ground system fire control algorithms.
- This position will perform some combination of the following: Guidance, Navigation and Control (GNC) assignments: With limited supervision perform high fidelity Missile 6DOF simulation combined with fire control algorithms, Hardware-In-The-Loop (HWIL) design, and simulation analysis.
- Develop and analyze guidance, navigation and autopilot algorithms.
- Design target tracking systems which generally include target state estimation and target/detection association.
- Perform design and analyses of terrestrial navigation and navigation state error estimation.
- Contribute to the definition of an operational flight program (OFP) with integrated high fidelity 6DOF simulations.
- Support preflight system performance assessment and post flight verification analysis.
- Must be USC.
- Onsite role working in a closed area.
- Secret Clearance required to start.
- 5 – 10 years minimum experience is required.
- Demonstrate high proficiency in C/C++ programming and MATLAB.
- Hardware-In-The-Loop (HWIL) simulation experience is desired.
- Flight software integration and verification experience is a plus.
- Missile flight test experience is a plus.
- RF knowledge.
- Experience with optimal state estimation filters such as KALMAN and Extended KALMAN filter (EKF).
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.