STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Header Preps in Muskego, Wisconsin.
Position: Header Prep
Hours: 1st Shift M-F 6am – 2:30pm with occasional overtime
This position preps headers by drilling and preparing holes in extrusions and assembling components per job specifications and verbal instruction as part of the manufacturing process.
- Review customer order and verify color, sizes, number of units, etc.
- Ensure the BOM (bill of materials) is closely followed for all products, communicating any discrepancies with line supervisor or Applications Engineering department.
- Move raw materials from rack to workstation without damaging the finish of the material.
- Use drill press with a speed chuck and drill fixtures to drill holes per work order instructions.
- Inspect surface aesthetics to assure visual quality of material using the “6’ rule of standards.”
- Carefully stack finished product on appropriate rack.
- Check off finished work from shop schedule as required.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Must be able to read prints, follow instructions, and understand measuring equipment such as tape measures, scales, and their decimals/fractions.
- Must be able to safely operate drilling equipment.
- Must be dependable, responsible, and have a can-do attitude.
- Ability to follow instructions from the Header Frames Line Supervisor along with other managers and supervisors.
Education, Training, Experience
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- 2 years manufacturing experience highly desired, including using a saw.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
Work is performed in a factory with exposure to extreme weather conditions; noisy, dusty, and dirty environments; and motorized equipment that pose potential safety hazards. Long periods of standing, as well as regularly walking, sitting, lifting, reaching, and bending, are required. Regularly lifting up to 50 lbs is required. Proper safety procedures, lifting techniques, and personal protective equipment are always required. This position may require extended hours and overtime depending on business needs.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.