STS Technical Services has partnered with ARAUCO – a global manufacturer of sustainably-produced wood products for construction, industrial, and retail markets. With over 120 facilities worldwide, ARAUCO manufactures and distributes the industry’s most-comprehensive selection of wood composite panels, premium plywood, millwork, lumber, and FSC-certified wood pulp.
ARAUCO is growing in North America, with innovative manufacturing, state-of-the-art facilities, and a commitment to make a difference in the communities where they are located. As a result, we are seeking the right individuals for high-caliber opportunities in manufacturing, supply chain, maintenance, safety, and other related fields. This is a direct-hire role with benefits. We look forward to considering you as part of the team at ARAUCO!
Right now, ARAUCO is hiring HR Generalists in Grayling, Michigan!
This position administers various human resources plans and procedures for all company personnel. Analyzes human resources data and carries out responsibilities in one or more functional areas, such as staffing, employee relations, compensation, training, employment, labor relations, safety, affirmative action and employment equity programs, and personnel research.
Description of Essential Duties:
- Coordinate or administer various aspects of the organization’s compensation and benefit, recruitment, training, organization development, and employee relations programs
- Is a coach for and adjudicates the application of Company and mill specific policies
- Operate in and be responsible for more than one of these areas and perform many of the same activities as professionals that specialize in these individual HR functions
- Administer the staff recruitment and selection process (placing ads, interviewing, processing applications, contacting managers, provide feedback regarding the candidates, handling selection process tests)
- Participate in the preparation of employment contracts and offers of the selected candidates
- Administer the coordination of the On-Boarding Program
- Maintains personnel files
- Administers exit procedure
- Keep up-to-date with the employee relations climate in the organization and support actual changes in employee relations regulations, so that the organization’s employee relations policies remain current and relevant
- Is a model for the ARAUCO Culture and Team Design Principles
- Administers non-compliance procedures
- With guidance, develop project based work (local policy updates, procedures, employee handbooks etc.)
- Maintain accurate employee records regarding pay rates, shift details, promotions, transfers and sick leave etc.
- Assist in administration of performance management process
- Supports learning and development initiatives to include training administration and delivery
- Liaison for various government agencies for employment, funding and community relations
- Liaison with various educational institutions in the state
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Associate degree in Business or equivalent years of experience; Bachelor’s degree and/or PHR certification preferred
- Minimum of 3 years’ of human resources experience in a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of federal and state employment laws including EEO, AA, FMLA, ADA, USERRA, unemployment, workers’ compensation and OSHA
- Experience with an HRIS
- Experience with a Recruitment Management System
- Experience delivering training presentations and speaking in front of a group
- Experience with ‘team based’ approaches to managing a business
Organizational Culture/Job Fit:
- Is a leader in team approach to work and fostering the culture at ARAUCO
- Well-developed interpersonal skills that provide the ability to communicate effectively with staff at all levels
- This includes strong oral and written communication skills and strong listening skills
- Effective organization and time management skills enabling the completion of projects and day-to-day tasks through interruptions with a high attention to detail
- Exhibits high levels of professionalism and discretion, and the ability to consistently maintain confidentiality
- Proven ability to follow through on projects and act as a change agent for the company
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook) and Internet Explorer
- Flexibility to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to solve problems resourcefully, with out-of-the-box solutions when beneficial
Key Safety/Housekeeping Responsibilities:
- Responsible for maintaining accessible, secure and organized filing system
- Demonstrates through use and participation the understanding of all required safety policies and procedures
- Works actively to maintain housekeeping responsibilities
- Participates in Safety Audits
- Participates in weekend on-call responsibilities
All interested applicants are encouraged to apply directly on this page. Thanks, and best of luck!
Job ID: 39706