Human Factors Engineer
Human Factors EngineerSTS Technincal Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Human Factors Engineers in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin.
This position is a Systems Engineering position with responsibility for overseeing coordinating and conducting Human Factors Engineering work across motorcycle platform projects. The ideal candidate is passionate about the vehicle AND the customer seeking out solutions to provide and continuously improve the Harley-Davidson motorcycle experience for our customers and dealers. This position resides within Systems Engineering and will focus on the development of highly desirable new systems and vehicles. Experience Requirements bull This position requires a minimum of 5 years of relevant human factors experience or a combination of an advanced degree program and experience in a technical field. Less experienced candidates will also be considered.
- Create new HFE guidelines standards processes test methods based on existing philosophies bull Lead in the creation delivery and measurement of vehicle / system HCI and ergonomic requirements.
- Plan and execute usability testing for vehicle programs and report conclusions and design direction to teams.
- Arrange and facilitate vehicle level user tests including hands-on operation and movement of parts and vehicles in static and semi-dynamic labs bull Conduct ergonomic testing at the vehicle and system level to enable design selection and maturation.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required Education Specifications
- This position requires an undergraduate degree in a technical field.
- Prefer an advanced degree Masters or PhD in Human Factors User Experience Interaction Design Engineering Psychology or related education.
- Experience and knowledge of usability testing of products such as displays controls and mobile apps.
- Vehicle interface and alerting design experience a plus.
- Understanding of ergonomic testing and how to provide data-driven design direction for requirements development.
- Continuous improvement mindset with experience developing and advancing test methods and processes.
- Knowledge of CAD and utilization of CREO Manikin within CREO.
- Understanding of User Centered Design UX/UI design principles and process.
- Comfortable in advocating for HFE-driven insights in a clear concise manner to multiple levels of the organization and providing data/rationale for recommendations.
- Success in solving challenging technical problems with innovative solutions in a team environment.
- Continuous learner willing to research and seek out information for teams requests and self-development.
- Knowledge of statistical methods and HFE human performance data to guide design decisions for project teams.
- Research and create design concepts and user/task flows for vehicle systems such as displays and controls.
- Support UX/UI design activities across project teams and other stakeholders.
- Coach and mentor system and vehicle design engineers in the execution and completion of standard ergonomic testing including review of results and feedback for improvement.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply via Email
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org