Human Resources Business Partners
Human Resources Business PartnersSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Human Resources Business Partners in Tomahawk, Wisconsin.
This position is the Human Resources lead interacting on a day-to-day basis with business leaders and managers on the people related matters impacting their assigned business units. This position is engaged in providing innovative Human Resources strategies designed to optimize human resources within their assigned business areas. This role assists the business unit leadership in the development and implementation of solutions that makes business strategies actionable. In conjunction with the Human Resources Director/Manager, this role will provide forward-looking Human Resources counsel combined with strong manufacturing/continuous improvement operations experience to organizational leadership in accordance with their business and workforce priorities. This role will partner with Centers of Expertise (COEs), such as Total Rewards, Talent, etc., to provide support of organizational programs for performance management, rewards & recognition, employee development and staffing.
- Human Resources Consultation & Management: Supports the implementation of strategies set forth by the Human Resources senior leadership team. Provides support to leaders, managers and employees to better understand and utilize Human Resources tools, processes and policies; maximizing organizational effectiveness, improve performance and ensuring compliance. Advises and counsels leaders and employees on people related matters. Works collaboratively with COE and other Human Resources resources to accomplish the following activities (e.g., change initiatives, employee relations interventions, talent development/acquisition and performance management, organizational learning and development, business diagnostics, productivity analyses, retention and engagement assessment, employee communication, and Human Resources programs and services) in support of business goals.
- Integrated Business Solutions: Works with assigned business unit to help them align and integrate the strategic capabilities of the company’s human resources with business unit objectives. Focuses Human Resources solutions on organizational outcomes that improve employee and organizational performance and productivity. Working collaboratively with COE resources, employee brokers with and utilizes the company’s Human Resources network of resources to develop optimal solutions to meet business unit challenges.
- Strategic Partner: Stays connected with Leadership Team; salaried workforce; Human Resources peers and Corporate Human Resources. Works with the business to execute the agreed strategic plan. Understands the talent needs of the business. Partners with Organization Development resources to support the business. Ensures Human Resources programs are aligned with the business needs and culture.
- Strategy Development and Execution: Participates in the establishment of work unit plans and performance measures in support of business goals. Assists business leaders to translate strategy into solutions, actions, and results. Is a credible activist ensuring the people-perspective is represented in business decisions so implications are understood and the workforce is proactively and successfully utilized for the overall benefit of the business. Assesses the impact of business decisions on the workforce and provides solutions to optimize opportunities and mitigate any downsides.
- Talent Management: Identifies talent issues before they impact the business – manages performance effectiveness. Is a role model for performance management and developing others. Has the ability to diagnose and resolve significant issues as needed. Works with the business leaders to ensure diversity and inclusiveness are embraced and supported by all business units. Works with Director / Manager – Human Resources Business Services to develop solutions in concert with the business and COE philosophy (e.g. reward strategies, talent management, etc.). Is responsible for the implementation of all COE processes for business units. Understands Human Resources practices, procedures, employment law and COE approaches and administers them consistently and fairly.
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- Master’s Degree Preferred
- PHR/SPHR or CP/SCP certification Preferred
- Typically requires a minimum of 8 years of related experience
- Strong supervisory and operational managerial experience.
- Demonstrated competence in recruiting and placement for various level positions; knowledge of professional guidelines in selection procedures, equal employment opportunity law and affirmative action compliance requirements, as well as labor standards and labor relations principles.
- Ability to apply conceptual, innovative thinking processes to the practical implementation of systems; Ability to be forward thinking and strategic with respect to HR processes and systems, creating a climate for change.
- Ability to influence in the organization to affect change.
- Demonstrated competence in compensation theory.
- Demonstrated organization and planning skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills, insight into group dynamics, high tolerance for ambiguity and change, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment is a strong plus.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a recruiting professional directly, please call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.