Human Resources Generalists
Human Resources GeneralistsSTS
Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Human Resources Generalists in Tawas City, Michigan.
Supports Human Resources and over-all department in all major HR related areas, with focus on: training and development, HR reporting, compliance and process improvements as a well as employee relations, some recruiting, sourcing/selection, back up or as needed for orientation (in-doc) and monitoring of workers compensation/safety.
- Position will handle/manage any facility and/or state, federal reporting, have hands-on with employee benefits, workers compensation, FMLA & ADA.
- Hands-on with any/all HR related topics and/or situations regarding employee engagement.
- Front-line promoter/manager for facility internal Climate Survey process and action-items teams & plans.
- Direct contact for Climate survey process, as well as employee engagement/activities surrounding it.
- Advise Sr. leadership team and/or Project Manager, Asst. project Managers, Supervisors, ‘Lead’ and employees on company policies and procedures; as well as employee relations related issues/situations
- Establishes and develops a pro-active relationship and communication channels with management and employees of those departments regarding H.R. related topics.
- Communicates and ensures compliance with various Human Resources policies, procedures, laws and Company programs.
- Partners with management of assigned areas to facilitate resolution of employee relations issues, corrective action/coaching, benefit and payroll information, and any other areas of opportunity relating to Human Resources services and products.
- Carries out various support activities for the department, such as: general filing and document organization, copies, distribution of material to the areas, events organization, research, etc. Participates in development and implementation of activities of HR Programs.
- Prepares correspondence and personnel reports as needed/required.
- Assists with coordination of employee activities and special events.
- Responds to authorized requests for employment verifications.
- Prepares documents, reports, forms, data input and general forms for HR activities, based on facility support/guidance. Includes daily, weekly and/or monthly reports as requested/needed.
- Assists with any special projects as required/delegated.
- Assist Compensation and Benefits department with payroll and/or benefits related support: medical/dental/vision/ 401 (k) etc. May include presentations and applicable knowledge of subject matter.
- Assists with other Administrative duties as required as well as provide input on changes to personnel policy/procedure manuals etc.
- Maintain current knowledge of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and affirmative action guidelines and laws, including the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), FMLA, MI workers compensation etc.
- Interview applicants (Behavioral format) to obtain information on work history, training, education and job skills; and conduct reference and criminal background checks on applicants – related directly to COMPANY. May also involve setting up interviews for other managers.
- Develops, manages and implements employee HR-related action items/plans as needed.
- Coordinates and monitors unemployment claims and represents COMPANY if needed.
- Supports and performs HR-related training materials/sessions.
- Partnering with hiring managers to determine staffing needs
- Screening resumes
- Performing in-person and phone interviews with candidates
- Administering appropriate company assessments
- Performing reference and background checks
- Making recommendations to company hiring managers
- Coordinating interviews with the hiring managers
- Following up on the interview process status
- Maintaining relationships with both internal and external clients to ensure staffing goals are achieved
- Communicating employer information and benefits during screening process
- Staying current on the company’s organization structure, personnel policy, and federal and state laws regarding employment practices
- Serving as a liaison with area employment agencies, colleges, and industry associations
- Completing timely reports on employment activity
- Conducting exit interviews on terminating employees
- Desired candidate will have AS/BS HR or related field.
- Require a High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Prefer 5 or more years’ experience in human resources in a generalist role dealing with several aspects of Human Resources, including benefits, recruiting, H.R. administration, analysis and reporting, and control of policies and procedures.
- Human resources programs, activities, information systems, tools, techniques, and laws (ADA, FMLA, EEOC, FLSA, etc.).
- Benefits Administration and Payroll routines. Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
- Demonstrated knowledge of HR related concepts and procedures.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Prefer a strong administrative background and the ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Strong analytical skills; ability to multitask and prioritize numerous critical tasks.
- Ability to work in a safe professional manner adhering to all regulatory requirements including, OSHA, EPA, State and Federal regulations.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.