Human Resources Manager
Human Resources ManagerSTS Technincal Services
Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Human Resources Managers in Batavia, Ohio.
As the Human Resources Manager you will be responsible for staffing according to business need, sustaining critical HR programs and overall talent management. This role will partner with the Plant General Manager to ensure that any broader initiatives include the appropriate HR considerations. The HR Manager must have a working technical knowledge of all relevant labor and employment regulations, excellent communication skills and a strong motivation to advance Client Core Values and culture.
The HR Manager Will Focus on Several Key Areas, Including:
- Having the right people in the right place at the right time.
- Developing our managers and HR team to succeed in an environment that is continuously improving.
- Making the client an employer-of-choice for current and future team members.
- Ensure that assigned plant(s) are staffed appropriately to labor planning. This includes initiating the requisition approval process, advertising, screening resumes, interviewing, ensuring management involvement in the selection process, and offer approvals. Enabling the plant to be resourced to meet production demands is a primary responsibility of this role. The HR Manager will also interview exempt and other senior hires when necessary.
- Lead and continuously improve our enterprise-wide Onboarding program with an objective of ensuring all new hires receive a proper introduction to the company, their location and their job throughout their first 90 days.
- Manage the Objective Setting and Performance review process throughout the year to ensure that all associates receive objectives and performance feedback throughout the year.
- Work with local management team and the HRIS team in Corporate to ensure the maintenance of the HCM and payroll tools including weekly payroll process; ensure HR events are properly and timely recorded in the HR system.
- As part of the plant leadership team, ensure a safe work environment where accidents are prevented where possible and any injury/incident is handled with the associate’s well-being as the top priority and then addressing worker’s compensation administration and the root causes and countermeasures to prevent future occurrences.
- Provide information and reports on data such as staff turnover, cost, etc. This role must be comfortable utilizing technology in order to aggregate and analyze data in order to make fact-based decisions.
- Work with the HR Director and Plant Manager to ensure HR plans support the needs of the business but are also flexible enough to cope with changes in the organization, as and when they occur
- Accomplishes special project results by identifying and clarifying issues and priorities; communicating and coordinating requirements, expediting fulfillment; evaluating milestone accomplishments; evaluation optional courses of action; changing assumptions and direction.
- Interact seamlessly with peers in the HR department but also cross-functionally. Coordinating decisions and communications across multiple stakeholders within the plant is an important responsibility of this position.
- Manage and direct local compensation wage surveys, market equity proposals and the annual merit process.
- Oversee payroll and benefits administration to ensure associates are paid timely and accurately, and are provided benefits they elect. This should also include management of various LOAs including STD, FMLA, etc.
- Assists plant management in the annual review, preparation and administration of wage and salary program.
- Consults with legal counsel with the authorization of the Director, Human Resources, as appropriate.
- Supports management by providing human resources advice, counsel, and decisions; analyzing information and applications. The HR Manager must be comfortable challenging assumptions and having the courage to stand-alone when it is appropriate while also maintaining productive and sustainable partnerships with other leaders in the organization.
- Guides management and employee actions by researching, developing, writing, and updating policies, procedures, methods, and guidelines; communicating and enforcing organization values.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Role models our Core Values and Code of Conduct and coaches and communicates the same across their segment including their HR Manager team.
- Travel will be intermittently required in order to provide field training and attend ad hoc meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in Human Resources or related discipline is preferred but not required
- 5+ years of HR generalist experience (more experience required if no undergraduate degree). Preferred experience in manufacturing and also in managing HR in multiple-site, 24/7 operation(s).
- Working knowledge of regulatory, legal and statutory rules governing employment and labor law.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- High energy level and ability to marshal resources to accomplish projects, tasks and change initiatives
- Exceptional customer focus and ability to build effective working relationships at all organizational levels
- Ability to adapt to changing environment and support of multiple clients.
- High degree of professionalism, discretion and integrity.
- Upon offer you will be offered a generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance and 401(k).
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a recruiting professional directly, please call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.