Indirect Procurement Analysts
Indirect Procurement AnalystsSTS
STS Technical Services
This Indirect Procurement Specialist position is responsible for supporting Information Technology initiatives by developing and managing Indirect Procurement goods and professional services category / sourcing strategies, RFx Process, supplier selection, contract negotiation and contract management. Will work as an interface between the Indirect Procurement process and various process areas.
- Deliver bottom line savings through best practice procedures, project management and commercial negotiations
- Build and maintain strong supplier relationships based on clear expectations open communication
- Professional, clear and effective communication with a variety of stakeholders via various communication mediums (written and/or verbal)
- Ability to assess risk and proactively mitigate, manage and escalate appropriately
- Understands and able to manage to the key dates and milestones within a project
- Ability to manage highly challenging and complex projects within fast-paced manufacturing & production environments
- Experience strategically sourcing Indirect Procurement (IP) services utilizing best-in-class purchasing practices
- Experience leading commercial (Cost, Quality, Timing) and facilitating legal terms and conditions negotiations with suppliers, multi-functional teams, and legal counsel
- Development and implementation of multi-million dollar year-over-year strategies to achieve category objectives
- Ability to lead strategic supplier meetings and commercially manage supplier relationships
- Assist in the creation, implementation and compliance of appropriate policies and procedures to ensure operations efficiency, while supporting profitable growth and managing costs
- Communicate supplier performance including supplier visits as required
- This position requires a bachelor’s degree in procurement, materials management, supply chain, business administration, or equivalent.
- The successful candidate will have a minimum of three to five (3-5) years of demonstrated performance in competencies including IT procurement, Contract Negotiations, and/or Contract Management.
- Advanced analytical and communication skills
- Ability to build long-term stakeholder relationships; able to develop rapport with others recognizing their concerns
- Good organization skills; must be able to manage multiple projects with continuous interruptions.
- Ability to effectively lead through indirect influence
- Must be comfortable with ability to make presentations in front of small to medium size groups
- Must have the ability to work in multi-functional teams.
- Must have excellent organizational, communication, and negotiation skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including: Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Lead negotiations and apply knowledge of commercial contract law and guidelines, practices and requirements to assess, plan and negotiate best terms and conditions and to minimize risk
- Proven experience and application of sourcing strategies
- Establish and maintain sound professional relationships with suppliers
- Track and report cost savings or avoidances
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.